Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Something to make your mouth water!

Something to make your mouth water!

Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:06 am
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all
Default Re: Something to make your mouth water!

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell29
I never managed to find these in sunny CA......mmmm mmmm
I still carn't get crumpets here so settle for englishmuffins instead lol but boy its great been able to get me tetley teabags and british ones too love me cuppa on a morning lol.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all

Originally Posted by no1englishmuffin
I still carn't get crumpets here so settle for englishmuffins instead lol but boy its great been able to get me tetley teabags and british ones too love me cuppa on a morning lol.
Come on guys they're all readily available in the USA, Brown sauce is one of the biggest exports we make - There are loads of British Shops in the USA now.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I can easily buy HP sauce, but do miss some decent bacon to put it on.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:42 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

surprised about the crumpets, even our local Giant Eagle has them
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:05 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
surprised about the crumpets, even our local Giant Eagle has them
Crumpets are sold in Publix.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:32 pm
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mallory
Hey I live in the back of beyond lol and do not have a publix here just a world market and they don't stock them believe me i have looked lol.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
There is something seriously wrong with that center picture. That's not a good example of toad in the hole (if that's what it is).

Wait a mo'. The toad's missing. It must be Yorkshire pudding. Still not a good one.
It's Yorkshire pudding and there is nothing wrong with it IMHO. When I was a child all my aunts used to make Yorkies that way...mum used to make individual ones about 6" dia. No one made the small Yorkies you see today.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
and Stop n Shop.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell29
I never managed to find these in sunny CA......mmmm mmmm
http://www.mrbreakfast.com/display.a...9&recipeid=295 very easy to make and freeze well
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by franc11s
Enjoy these little babies to get your mouth watering
Shrimp (or Prawns if you like) are readily available for a luscious shrimp cocktail
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southern comfort
Shrimp (or Prawns if you like) are readily available for a luscious shrimp cocktail
yes they are here however you cannot buy fresh ones for love nor money where we are...all frozen and have totally lost their flavour when defrosted and we are only 50 mins from the coast!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yes they are here however you cannot buy fresh ones for love nor money where we are...all frozen and have totally lost their flavour when defrosted and we are only 50 mins from the coast!
Guess we are lucky ....they ship them in fresh from the coast (200 miles to Charleston) lovely big fresh shrimp. I buy them them off the shrimp boats too when I am on the coast put in freezer bags cover with water and they taste great when defrosted.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southern comfort
Guess we are lucky ....they ship them in fresh from the coast (200 miles to Charleston) lovely big fresh shrimp. I buy them them off the shrimp boats too when I am on the coast put in freezer bags cover with water and they taste great when defrosted.
yes you are, i love fresh fish and miss that as in the uk i can buy fresh fish daily...i don't do frozen fish or meat.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:12 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I live in the back of beyond lol and do not have a publix here just a world market and they don't stock them believe me i have looked lol.
Got a trader joes? they have them.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:24 pm
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Got a trader joes? they have them.
but they're just not the same...

I tried to make a batch once but they were a dismal failure

What I miss most of all are the sweets and chocolate. I'd do anything for a curly wurly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.