Reload this Page >

someone reply please!!

someone reply please!!

Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

SPARKLES is an unknown quantity at this point
Default someone reply please!!

I posted a thread earlier about my situation as an intern off to NY in jan 2008
but...........as of yet noone has replied...

All i want to know for def is if my credit rating from the uk will follow me to the states? When i go to open an account in the US will they check my credit file from the uk, same as over here?

or are the two seperate and i start with a clean slate??

thank you xxx
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:17 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: someone reply please!!

Originally Posted by SPARKLES

All i want to know for def is if my credit rating from the uk will follow me to the states? When i go to open an account in the US will they check my credit file from the uk, same as over here?

thank you xxx

Clean slate.

There are three or four other threads within the last week on this same question, and if you click on the WIKI at the top you'll find a couple articles on the same as well.

P.S. It was 3:56 in the morning when you posted on the West Coast (California) and 6:56 in NY. Most people in the US are still sleeping. Patience will yield a few more answers...
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:11 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Chill out, buddy. Otherwise your head will explode within 5 days of arrival.

The short answer is that you will have no credit once you arrive.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

thank you xxx
Probably the reason no one replied to your previous thread was because it was 2 am eastern US time and most of us were sleeping. We are 5 hours behind UK time...something you will have to try to figure out when making calls back home.

BTW if someone doesn't reply we do not stamp our feet and open another thread. Chill out and give it time.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

As per everyone elses comments..... No credit! If you can afford to do it, use your UK card here and pay it with your savings/when you get back...

If not, you will only get about $500 credit limit from all card carriers.

How long you here for, is the internship paid?? if so you can secure extra credit with Bank of America by putting money into a savings account with them and they will offset that ammount with giving you a higher credit limit... basically they will just stretch your credit card limit by how much you keep in their bank.

Hope this helps.

Basement
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:05 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

thank you xxx
I was awake but completely ignored the thread. Hope this helps and Bon Chance.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, LOL
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

thank you xxx
Closing the thread as it's a repeat...and come on, give people a chance, it was 6:56am on the east coast when you posted your other thread and anyone sensible would still be in bed, or shovelling their cars out of the drive way.