Reload this Page >

Somebody help meeeeee!

Somebody help meeeeee!

Old Aug 6th 2002, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

chanty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Somebody help meeeeee!

I don't understand what to do to get my papers in good time

I am wondering if it makes any difference if I get married in the US or the UK (i am a uk Citizen getting married to a US citizen).

Here are my options please tell me the best route:

1) have my boyfriend come here and get married in the UK, then file for an Immigrant Visa.

2) Getting a Fiance Visa, go back to the states and File for AOS and wait stay there.

3) get married in the states and then come back to Uk to file for an immigrant Visa.

My issues is that I don't really want to go through a long drawn out process, of having Getting to the US and not being able to work for months and months and not being able to leave the states for two years! (this is what I have heard any way, let me know if it is true)
Old Aug 6th 2002, 7:12 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Somebody help meeeeee!

You may be without work papers for a coupla months at the most, and once you marry and file for Adjustment of Status, and get a notice of action and/or receipt, you will be able to apply for Advanced parole which will allow you to leave the country. My husband was unable to leave to country for only about 3 months whilst we waited for a NOA on our AOS from the INS.
try http://www.k1faq.com
or check out our timeline on http://www.bethandpaul.com

How long the process will take for you depends on a number of factors- how straighforward your case is, where your loved one lives in the US (as in where their local/regional office is and which national office they will be using.

Read up on the process first, that will help you make a more informed decision.
good luck
Old Aug 6th 2002, 7:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You posted the same thread on August 4th. I replied in depth to you then. The answers remain the same now as then.

What you want or don't want doesn't matter. You will have to go by the timelines available for the service center, US Consulate and local INS Office you will be using.

Also you can get advance parole while you are awaiting adjustment of status so you can take a vacation outside of the US and return without a hitch.

Rete
Old Aug 6th 2002, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Chanty,
I can't comment on your other options, however.
I (UK) married my wife (US) in Maryland last September and moved to the UK.
Panda (the wife) was here for 6 months and we filed the I-130
on the 28th March adn I received the visa on the 10th July
(so 3.5 months)
I believe this is the fastest way, and it means that (when my
estate agent and solicitor get their act together and I my house sale is completed) I arrive in the US with permission to work with no AOS.

I have read conflicting opinions on here, but Ida went back to the US after we'd filed (to set up domicile) and I have no doubt that the fact that she was working, rented an appartment, bought a car etc was instrumental in "my success"

Good luck
Old Aug 6th 2002, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

chanty is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger

Are you saying that your Wife Panda Moved back to England with you? if this is the case are you saying that youyour Wife became a UK recident first and then you filed DCF.

Or is the Moral to your story that, the quickest way would be to marry in the states and then come back to England to wait for my Immigrant Visa? if this is the case does my Husband Have to be here in England with me?

Can you talk me through step by step, I cab't seem to grasp it

Thanks for your help,

You are a winner!