Reload this Page >

Social Security Office Vist - Fail

Social Security Office Vist - Fail

Old Nov 5th 2017, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social Security Office Vist - Fail

Dear Experts

Triggered my CR-1 visa on Tuesday. On Friday my wife had to go to the SSO to change her name. So I tagged along and went to see if there was progress with my SSN. Had a new form filled in ready if needed.

The lady stated she cant check to see if an SSN number is being generated for me until 3 weeks after entry.

Ended up with my wife when she did her bit and another lady stated the same.

is this correct ?

Cheers
Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Social Security Office Vist - Fail

It can take up to three weeks for your SSN to be generated and sent out to you.

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/Handout_11_1.html
Old Nov 5th 2017, 2:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

As BiP said it can take three weeks to be issued, but probably won't take that long.

SS offices always say they can't see, so I assume they can't. Assuming that you already have an application in progress, just don't get suckered into resubmitting a form because then you will be put through the manual process and it'll take another six weeks.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 3:24 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you tick the box for an SSN number to be applied for as part of the DS-260?

I did and mine was delivered to our PO box exactly three weeks after I landed. Bearing in mind I arrived on December 19 and not much work would have been done at the SSA around Christmas and new year, I'd say that it would have taken 2 weeks at any other time of the year. That corresponds with the timescales I saw from others who arrived after the Christmas/new year period.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 10:19 am
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Did you tick the box for an SSN number to be applied for as part of the DS-260?

I did and mine was delivered to our PO box exactly three weeks after I landed. Bearing in mind I arrived on December 19 and not much work would have been done at the SSA around Christmas and new year, I'd say that it would have taken 2 weeks at any other time of the year. That corresponds with the timescales I saw from others who arrived after the Christmas/new year period.
Glad to hear this. I entered (IR-1) last Thursday (02 Nov) and I'm now patiently waiting.