Reload this Page >

Social Security Number Not Accepted

Social Security Number Not Accepted

Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

YankeeDaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Social Security Number Not Accepted

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, trying to open a simple Bank Account yesterday at Bank Of America. Bank System said my issued SSN was inactive. I rang Social Security and they informed me everything was fine, so it must be the banking system.

I think the 'old list' idea is absolutely correct, ie they're using Sept 2007 and not the updated Oct 2007, but what do I do in the mean time? Just wait a few weeks? All I have is the SSN and a few photo ID's, green card has not arrived so I cannot open an account online.

Regards
Darren
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:33 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YankeeDaz
Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, trying to open a simple Bank Account yesterday at Bank Of America. Bank System said my issued SSN was inactive. I rang Social Security and they informed me everything was fine, so it must be the banking system.

I think the 'old list' idea is absolutely correct, ie they're using Sept 2007 and not the updated Oct 2007, but what do I do in the mean time? Just wait a few weeks? All I have is the SSN and a few photo ID's, green card has not arrived so I cannot open an account online.
Social Security offices can give a thing called an SSN Verification Printout, which will verify your SSN and name. They might accept that as proof of your SSN being valid.

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100202320
RM 00202.320 Issuing Numidents and SSN Verification Printouts

Remember SSA offices are closed Monday.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

YankeeDaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorted now. Gave it another 2 weeks and went back to the same place, ie Bank Of America.

Computer System was slightly behind on the latest list of issued SSNs. 2 weeks it seems was enough to play catch-up.

Darren