Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Social Security number?

Social Security number?

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 4:19 pm
Ydf

http://askearth.com/go/view_request?request=4548

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 1:39 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you may have processed as a "suspect case", where your immigration records haven't been keyed to the ss database when you put in your application and so they sent paper documents to the center where numbers are allocated. It takes a minimum of two months, and can take four months or more, so I heard. Try asking the ss office if this is what has happened to you.
Old Jan 23rd 2002, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

I've got pretty much the same problem, only I applied with the I-551 greencard stamp (this was before I got my physical greencard). I applied at the Newburgh NY office on the 17th December, and still haven't heard anything back from them. In that time I got my greencard in the mail (Jan 14th!).

I'm wondering if I should go back down and show them my 10 year greencard and other correspondance with the INS (I-797 Welcome NOA) and ask if they can move it along.

PriZm.