Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Social Security number

Social Security number

Old Feb 7th 2001, 3:13 am
  #1  
Soraya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hey guys,

Another question: I am a K-1 Visa applicant and I didn´t have my interview yet. I already
have a Social Security number, issued last year when I was working in US. Is this number
still valid or I will need to apply for it again? I also have a US driver license. Do you
think it could be a good idea to give to the Consulate a copy of this documents during my
K-1 interview? For your help,

Thanks.
 
Old Feb 7th 2001, 4:06 am
  #2  
Soraya
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thank you sooooo much!

> > Another question: I am a K-1 Visa applicant and I didn´t have my interview yet. I
> > already have a Social Security number, issued last year when I was
> working
> > in US. Is this number still valid or I will need to apply for it again?
>
> Were you working legally in the US? Did you get the Social Sec. Number for yourself
> directly from SSA? Is the SSN issued in your name?
>
> If you can answer "Yes" to the above three questions, then... Yes, you
keep
> that number and you do not have to apply for another one.
>
> > I also have a US driver license.
>
> You can use it again as well, as long as it has not expired. It may have the wrong
> address, but with it you can get a corrected one with no tests
and
> just a fee.
>
> > Do you think it could be a good idea to give to the Consulate a copy of
> this
> > documents during my K-1 interview?
>
> I see no reason to submit your SS card and Driver License. Just put your SSN in the
> blanks that ask for it and that should be all you need to do.
In
> other words, keep those things private, they don't need to know and it
would
> not help you in any way. Not saying it would hurt, just that there would
be
> no point to it.
>
> > For your help,
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You are quite welcome.
>
> Jonathan Just in after a long day at work. Lucky I work at home or I would miss
all
> the good television on during the day. (That was a joke that only those
who
> work at home will probably get.)
 
Old Feb 7th 2001, 4:06 am
  #3  
Jonathan_ATC
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

See below for my comments within your message:
--
Jonathan _/ _/ _/ _/ K-1 Fiance Visa Immigration through to Adjustment of Status
http://clik.to/getk1 K-1 & Adjustment of Status Links Page http://clik.to/K1andAOSLinks
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Arnaldo and Alvena's Fiance Visa Page
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/ Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For reliable
advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

> Hey guys,
>
> Another question: I am a K-1 Visa applicant and I didn´t have my interview yet. I
> already have a Social Security number, issued last year when I was
working
> in US. Is this number still valid or I will need to apply for it again?

Were you working legally in the US? Did you get the Social Sec. Number for yourself
directly from SSA? Is the SSN issued in your name?

If you can answer "Yes" to the above three questions, then... Yes, you keep that number
and you do not have to apply for another one.

> I also have a US driver license.

You can use it again as well, as long as it has not expired. It may have the wrong
address, but with it you can get a corrected one with no tests and just a fee.

> Do you think it could be a good idea to give to the Consulate a copy of
this
> documents during my K-1 interview?

I see no reason to submit your SS card and Driver License. Just put your SSN in the blanks
that ask for it and that should be all you need to do. In other words, keep those things
private, they don't need to know and it would not help you in any way. Not saying it would
hurt, just that there would be no point to it.

> For your help,
>
> Thanks.

You are quite welcome.

Jonathan Just in after a long day at work. Lucky I work at home or I would miss all the
good television on during the day. (That was a joke that only those who work at home will
probably get.)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.