British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   So what's the location spread? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/so-whats-location-spread-433776/)

Bob Mar 11th 2007 4:14 am

So what's the location spread?

So a tad bored, and looking through that frapr map, just curious about where abouts you've ended up in the US and why you ended up there? And have you been able to just jack a state in for another one because it was crap there?

And what about other countries other than the UK/US...how have they helped you view the world...and you cloggies out there, replace UK with the Netherlands :D

AdobePinon Mar 11th 2007 4:24 am

Re: So what's the location spread?

And someone needs to fix that frappr map. It's the size of a postage stamp and half of us have been deleted.

Bob Mar 11th 2007 4:31 am

Originally Posted by AdobePinon (Post 4506050)
And someone needs to fix that frappr map. It's the size of a postage stamp and half of us have been deleted.

can't you just zoom in then?

HoosierDaddy Mar 11th 2007 4:34 am

Formerly lived and worked in the East Bay but now find myself in NE Indiana. Wish I had the money to go back to Cali :D

AdobePinon Mar 11th 2007 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4506060)
can't you just zoom in then?

1. I'm lazy. 2. It's obviously put together by someone who's using their 30" LCD at 640 x 480, and 3. I still won't show up because I've been deleted. :rofl:

Sally Mar 11th 2007 4:36 am

LA, climate is good, I wouldn't want to move to a cold place or a bible belt area. . I lived in Germany as a child and again as a student.

Bob Mar 11th 2007 4:37 am

Originally Posted by AdobePinon (Post 4506068)
1. I'm lazy. 2. It's obviously put together by someone who's using their 30" LCD at 640 x 480, and 3. I still won't show up because I've been deleted. :rofl:

subtle hint? :D

I haven't checked the frapr in ages, it wouldn't let me move from ME to MA, so had to dump another one...bit of a mare :lol:

Bob Mar 11th 2007 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 4506070)
LA, climate is good, I wouldn't want to move to a cold place or a bible belt area. . I lived in Germany as a child and again as a student.

where abouts in germany?

I've spent 3-4 months in japan and austria over the years, but that is still a holiday rather than living, that and I either bum'ed with friends or family so they don't really count.

Sally Mar 11th 2007 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4506078)
where abouts in germany?

I've spent 3-4 months in japan and austria over the years, but that is still a holiday rather than living, that and I either bum'ed with friends or family so they don't really count.

Cologne, my dad transferred there with Ford when I was aged 7-10, I was teaching back in Cologne as a student and also spent 3 months in the old East Germany (Leipzig).

Bob Mar 11th 2007 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 4506087)
Cologne, my dad transferred there with Ford when I was aged 7-10, I was teaching back in Cologne as a student and also spent 3 months in the old East Germany (Leipzig).

cologne...had a mate out there...yup, that and leipzip for a mtb stint, sounded a good idea at the time, utter arse :lol:

Sally Mar 11th 2007 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4506092)
cologne...had a mate out there...yup, that and leipzip for a mtb stint, sounded a good idea at the time, utter arse :lol:

What's mtb?

Bob Mar 11th 2007 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 4506104)
What's mtb?

mountain biking...use to do a hell of a lot of hill climbing, and would go through random places to get to mountains...now, i'm a lazy slob who couldn't do anything that hardcore any more, a hill will scary me, never mind a 6o mile trek to and up/down a mountain.

Sally Mar 11th 2007 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4506109)
mountain biking...use to do a hell of a lot of hill climbing, and would go through random places to get to mountains...now, i'm a lazy slob who couldn't do anything that hardcore any more, a hill will scary me, never mind a 6o mile trek to and up/down a mountain.

60 miles that's pretty impressive! What was arse, the mtb or the city?

Ray Mar 11th 2007 5:37 am

Originally Posted by AdobePinon (Post 4506068)

You have not been removed by me ...
the plus and minus controls for zooming are on the lower right

I do see that they have removed a lot of the previous controls now
to make it simpler ..

AdobePinon Mar 11th 2007 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 4506129)
You have not been removed by me ...
the plus and minus controls for zooming are on the lower right

I do see that they have removed a lot of the previous controls now
to make it simpler ..

Go to the end of the profiles (or whatever they're called) - every second page of non-photo people have been deleted. At least that's what it says.