Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So what did your State vote on?

Wikiposts

So what did your State vote on?

Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what did your State vote on?

Originally Posted by mikec81
I am still stunned that it passed, I really expected better from California to be honest. I was in SF around the time of the Pride parade this year just after same sex marriage was made legal and it never really dawned on me how important the right was until then.
The commercials here seem to have scared a lot of people into voting Yes on the prop. The quote from Gavin Newsom about "whether you like it or not" that was used in the commercial seems to have come back to haunt him.
It would seem that even with a president elect promoting change, some people are still stuck in the past.
Yes - unfortunately it appears that Californian voters cared more about the rights of chickens (prop 2) than they did about the rights of other people (prop 8) ...