So sue me!

Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:41 pm
Brit'n'TX

Default Re: So sue me!

Originally posted by dbj1000
If this case goes through, it's the beginning of the end for message boards like this one:

Lawyer sues Yahoo over message board "name calling"

I know there are people on this board who would agree with this lawyer's actions, but I must say that I regard it as quite pathetic... so sue me!
LMFAO!!

we should run a sweepstake to see who on here is sued first and by whom ...

Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:42 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So sue me!

Originally posted by Brit'n'TX
LMFAO!!

we should run a sweepstake to see who on here is sued first and by whom ...

It very nearly happened once.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:42 pm
Brit'n'TX

he was probably bullied at school and now sees a way to get retribution!!

Old Aug 6th 2004, 3:51 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

he was probably bullied at school and now sees a way to get retribution!!
Bugger, I was going to write that in my first post but thought it was harsh (but fair).

Can I sue you for stealing my thoughts
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:01 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

When did all this greed for green backs start?

I remember growing up in the UK and thinking that all Americans did was sue people. Then, commercials started hitting UK shores on how you can get money if you were in a car accident, work injury, etc.

I was in a car accident once (my fault, I hit the side of a woman's car on the way home from work). We stopped and swapped insurance details and I asked her if she was okay. She said that she was fine and it was only a little bump. We had a little laugh and a chat and then went on our way. When my insurance info came through, she said she was badly injured with cuts, whiplash and I had traumatized her unborn child :scared:

What the f...!!! She said she was fine and didn't say anything about being pregnant.

They also tried to get me to pay for an expensive rental car as they claimed they're car was off the road. Er....she drove it away afterwards.

I couldn't help but think that when she got home, hubby told her that they could make some money out of it.

Luckily, my insurance company requested she visit a designated doctor and nothing was proven.

Then, I come here and people are suing anyone they can. The McD's and hot coffee case was just insane.

What makes these people do this? Is it greed or do they really feel like a victim of injustice?

I'd vote for greed.

It's a shame as there are some people out there that need legitimate compensation for accidents. But like most things, it gets abused.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rincewind
Bugger, I was going to write that in my first post but thought it was harsh (but fair).

Can I sue you for stealing my thoughts
Of course - it's called Intellectual Property.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 5:13 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

What makes these people do this? Is it greed or do they really feel like a victim of injustice?

I'd vote for greed.
There's pure greed, but also people not wanting to take any accountability or responsibility for their actions..."I spilled piping hot gravy all over myself, so rather than just admit that I'm a clumsy dumbass, I'm going to sue the manufacturer for not telling me that the gravy would be hot after mixing it with boiling water..."

This then inevitably leads to statements of the bleedin' obvious on product labels like Nytol Sleep Aid, which states 'Warning: Product may cause drowsiness..."
Old Aug 6th 2004, 5:16 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Of course - it's called Intellectual Property.
Intellectual doesn't usually fit into my posts

As Roy Walker would say, "say what you see!"
Old Aug 6th 2004, 5:31 pm
Brit'n'TX

The McD's and hot coffee case was just insane.
I heard about a case on the radio some time back where a woman had successfully sued a department store for extensive damages (into six figures) because she broke her arm after tripping over a child that was running loose around the store. Her lawyers successfully claimed the store had a duty to make sure children in the store were kept under control and not a nuisance or danger to customers.

The child was the successful litigant's son ....

:scared:

Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

If he didn't like what he was reading why did he go there? it's crazy that people whine and yap about boards and chat rooms etc but still go back for more

Ash
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:14 pm
Brit'n'TX

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
If he didn't like what he was reading why did he go there? it's crazy that people whine and yap about boards and chat rooms etc but still go back for more

Ash
because if he didn't go back he wouldn't have been able to sue yahoo!!

Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

because if he didn't go back he wouldn't have been able to sue yahoo!!

As Granny says 'if you can't stand the heat... stay out the kitchen'