Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:43 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
We could bat that one back and forth forever.
As long as we have a 7th inning stretch, I like a sing song " Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks"
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
As long as we have a 7th inning stretch, I like a sing song " Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks"
Or take me out to the ballgame!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:01 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
LOL. My wife worked in the NHS and was threatened a few times.

I was in the UK. Not here....I still get insulted and spat at and threatened in my job now though...and thats as an EMT. Good eh? Nothing like having someone threaten to kill you because you are treating one accident victim instead of their relative/friend.
Hubby has just got his EMT certificate, as he wants to become a fireman, so he has all this to look forward to!!!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Partystar
Hubby has just got his EMT certificate, as he wants to become a fireman, so he has all this to look forward to!!!
Good on him. Mostly its ok unless you go into a dodgy area but peoples emotions do tend to run high at incidents for obvious reasons and you can't explain to someone why you're treating a very quiet casualty who is about to pop it when their relative is screaming at the top of their lungs for help over a broken arm or leg.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Jan 27th 2006 at 4:48 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 27th 2006, 8:47 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Good on him. Mostly its ok unless you go into a dodgy area but peoples emotions do tend to run high at incidents for obvious reasons and you can't explain to someone why you're treating a very quiet casualty who is about to pop it when their relative is screaming at the top of their lungs for help over a broken arm or leg.
Yeah, things that seem obvious to me & you, are not always obvious to Joe Bloggs, which can complicate matters.

We had a phrase when I worked for the NHS, 'patient hat'. Which basically meant that people that were perfectly normal, smart, well educated in the normal world, would walk through the hospital doors wearing their 'patient hat'. They would basically lose their minds & not be able to understand simple things like 'check in with the clinic nurse on the left'!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:37 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I've got an email here for an 'on call availability' Maintenance tech, for an apartment complex in Camden, NJ, yeah right.... a 3am in the morning call to rehang the door of a crack house .....pass