Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Originally Posted by ironporer
I find it hard to believe that you can lock kitchen knives out of the reach of a determined 8 year old...perhaps the point made is that 99.999% of children raised properly would never think of carrying a gun/knife/bat....etc to school- and that no matter what, the Government can not completely prevent such things by mandate or law
One of these days we'll be forced to revert back to the middle ages....
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:39 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Stupid question here - but is that really the mentality in the states?
When you can download for free an action shoot 'em up for the PC called "Americas Army" sponsored by the American Army, ummm yes it probably is
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Have to agree with you - being taught to be violent individuals who think that violence is the only way to solve a problem!

Theres another way?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Kids are pretty inventive. Never underestimate their cunning.

Yes I know that with my 3 year old - but when dangerous items are locked up - its pretty hard for them to get at them!
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
When you can download for free an action shoot 'em up for the PC called "Americas Army" sponsored by the American Army, ummm yes it probably is

i would be curious to know if violence generally has increased with the advent of the computer/games etc does anyone agree
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by izibear
One of these days we'll be forced to revert back to the middle ages....
Nah it'll be all the way back to the stone age. Then we'll see who can throw a stone or weild a branch.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Yes I know that with my 3 year old - but when dangerous items are locked up - its pretty hard for them to get at them!
Depends what you consider dangerous.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ironporer
I find it hard to believe that you can lock kitchen knives out of the reach of a determined 8 year old...perhaps the point made is that 99.999% of children raised properly would never think of carrying a gun/knife/bat....etc to school- and that no matter what, the Government can not completely prevent such things by mandate or law

We have been completely successful to date - but your answer to my point is very important - "children raised properly would never think of carryng a dangerous weapoon!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i would be curious to know if violence generally has increased with the advent of the computer/games etc does anyone agree
I couldnt provide statistics but I'd be willing to bet we actually live in the least dangerous and least violent time ever in human history. Its all about perception.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Depends what you consider dangerous.

Knives, scissors, anything sharp that could cause any type of problem at all! Anything found in jim's tool drawer, and of course any dangerous chemicals you may have in the house!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:44 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I couldnt provide statistics but I'd be willing to bet we actually live in the least dangerous and least violent time ever in human history. Its all about perception.
Perceived threat is good for business.......
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

We have been completely successful to date - but your answer to my point is very important - "children raised properly would never think of carryng a dangerous weapoon!
No. Children raised properly would never think of using a dangerous weapon on another human being except in self defence.

Spot the subtle difference.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

Wow - didn't know that!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Theres another way?
I like the touchy feely method myself!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

Knives, scissors, anything sharp that could cause any type of problem at all! Anything found in jim's tool drawer, and of course any dangerous chemicals you may have in the house!
Where do you keep your pens? How about those crayons? Im willing to bet theres a pencil by the phone. Bottles make for excellent clubs...can break a skull with a wine bottle no problem. Ever let your kids play with your keys? I know a lot of parents do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.