Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:50 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So sad...7yr old shot in the arm at day-care center....

Originally Posted by ironporer
I think we need an immediate federal law forbidding all day care children from carrying knives to day care. Might as well include baseball bats. And billy clubs. And tree branches or sticks. And pieces of pipe. And.....
No, no, no - you really have no idea ironporer, do you.
First off we need to set up a steering committee to look into the impact of children carrying offensive weapons to day care.
Following on from that we need a focus group to review the committee's findings. Then and only then can our proposed statute changes be voted out by politicians who have been bunged a few bucks by the relevant lobby groups such as the NRA, National Baseball Bat Manufacturers Alliance, etc.

Do you understand the process now ???

Last edited by BigDavyG; Jan 25th 2006 at 8:06 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh it seems just fine any time to show Gun's and killing on the telly, but heaven forbid no tit's or bare bum's
We had a discussion with a parent of a friend of my 12 year old as they wanted to go ans see Jarhead, I said no, its rated restricted I think for a reason, her reply to me was well its only war and killing its not like there having sex or anything!!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
First off we need to set up a steering committee to look into the impact of children carrying offensive weapons to day care.
Following on from that we need a focus group to review the committee's findings. Then and only then can our proposed statute changes be voted out by politicians who have been bunged a few bunks by the relevant lobby groups such as the NRA, National Baseball Bat Manufacturers Alliance, etc.

You mean sell the law to the highest bidder? Never.....

Why don't they just eBay it?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
We had a discussion with a parent of a friend of my 12 year old as they wanted to go ans see Jarhead, I said no, its rated restricted I think for a reason, her reply to me was well its only war and killing its not like there having sex or anything!!!
And she was an American right
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:08 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Following on from that we need a focus group to review the committee's findings. Then and only then can our proposed statute changes be voted out by politicians who have been bunged a few bucks by the relevant lobby groups such as the NRA, National Baseball Bat Manufacturers Alliance, etc.

Perhaps this could be your new career?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britvic
And she was an American right
YES, ex military, hopes her son never has sex but go killing thats fine!!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:12 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Certainly not so in Florida, and most other states. You can store a firearm loaded but, in 19 states (California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas (through judicial ruling), Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin. In addition, some cities have enacted local CAP ordinances including Elgin and Aurora, Illinois; Houston, Texas; Wichita, Kansas; and Baltimore, Maryland), you are wholly responsible for it if a child gains access from an improperly stored weapon under Child Access Prevention (CAP) laws.

If you reasonably beleieve that no child could have access to it (ie you live on your own) then you can leave it loaded on your coffee table if you want.
At the end of the day its down to how responsible the firearm owner is and yes you are right knives and other weapons will always be available. I remember playing with crow scarer's and air guns at probably the same age.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:14 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britontour
Perhaps this could be your new career?
Believe me, if i could get away with it i would seriously consider it
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:21 pm
The American Job

Believe me, if i could get away with it i would seriously consider it
True its probable a cushy number for some ex-government official to have and cash in on.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:25 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, now I get it. But one thing...shouldn't we also set up some psycological counceling programs for all the poor 8 year olds who are so traumatized by their not being able to carry weapons, I mean the poor kids might be excluded from peer groups and perhaps even ostrasized by Mentors who have unfounded fears of gun totin' wee-ones.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:28 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You mean sell the law to the highest bidder? Never.....

Why don't they just eBay it?
I like the idea...maybe with all the new 'reform' movement preceeding the Abrahamov (sp?) scandal, we could just put congressional proposals on ebay, and do away with the entire god damn representative wing of the government? Might work for the executive and judicial also....a government of the ebay, by the ebay and for the ebay.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

You forgot about organising a million soccer moms to march in protest at the outrageous availability of sticks and stones to our children. And demand that all sticks and stones be removed from society incase a child throws one at another.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:04 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
I think we need an immediate federal law forbidding all day care children from carrying knives to day care. Might as well include baseball bats. And billy clubs. And tree branches or sticks. And pieces of pipe. And.....
School children ARE banned from carrying anything that could be a weapon to school. Some districts mandate clear (transparent) rucksacks.

You can't fit a baseball bat into most rucksacks and you generally can't do that much damage to someone with a tree branch that'd fit either. Oh, and baggy clothing is banned.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snowbunny
School children ARE banned from carrying anything that could be a weapon to school. Some districts mandate clear (transparent) rucksacks.

You can't fit a baseball bat into most rucksacks and you generally can't do that much damage to someone with a tree branch that'd fit either. Oh, and baggy clothing is banned.

You can kill someone with a rolled up magazine.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by britontour
At the end of the day its down to how responsible the firearm owner is and yes you are right knives and other weapons will always be available. I remember playing with crow scarer's and air guns at probably the same age.

Not just the firearm owner but the parent as well. Anything dangerous, sharp or otherwise should be kept out of reach of children. Our kitchen knives are stored at a level that even with a stool the kids cant reached them. Jims tool drawer is locked as well as the kitchen and bathroom cupboards where anything dangerous is stored.

Parents have a responsibility to keep dangerous items out of reach of kids!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.