Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So I've been working this week....

So I've been working this week....

Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default So I've been working this week....

and boy am I tired!. 7 months on my ass has taken it's toll on my body.

My wife got me a weeks worth of work for a little "pocket money" by painting offices at her work.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: So I've been working this week....

Originally posted by Pimpbot
and boy am I tired!. 7 months on my ass has taken it's toll on my body.

My wife got me a weeks worth of work for a little "pocket money" by painting offices at her work.
Do you think it is wise to print this on here? We had a friend who did this about 10 years ago. One of his ex girlfriends bubbled him to INS and he got a phone call politely telling him to come into the office. His options were either you remove yourself from the country, or we do it for you. You never know who might be reading these posts. I take it you are not yet eligible to work yet?
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any ex girlfriends here.

Besides, its not like I'm standing outside Home depot like 100 or so Mexicans do every day just down the street. I technically am not getting paid for anything. My wife will get a nice bonus next pay day though.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:17 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, its not like I'm standing outside Home depot like 100 or so Mexicans do every day just down the street. I technically am not getting paid for anything. My wife will get a nice bonus next pay day though.

About time you got off your butt and did some work.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Rockgurl
About time you got off your butt and did some work.
Stop sounding like my wife!.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Isn't it still technically illegal though, and it does not have to be an ex anything, could be a nosey immigration officer browsing the forum or anyone else coming into this forum who knows your history. I am sure it would not take them long to suss out someone in Scottsdale waiting on whatever it is you are waiting on. I am not being critical, just something to think about when you post stuff like this to this forum.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:14 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by effi
Isn't it still technically illegal though, and it does not have to be an ex anything, could be a nosey immigration officer browsing the forum or anyone else coming into this forum who knows your history. I am sure it would not take them long to suss out someone in Scottsdale waiting on whatever it is you are waiting on. I am not being critical, just something to think about when you post stuff like this to this forum.
I had a similar situation in reverse, my to-be wife (and ex-wife!) in the UK (she was a US citizen) was staying with me and she got so bored having nothing to do all day long. I just did not want to risk anything, and told her the pitfalls if the authorities found out - no matter how innocent it was they might take a different view. She wanted to do volunteer work; I did not know enough to know if "volunteer work" might be construed as "work". Anyhow, we toughed it out and she finally got clearance from the Home Office in Croydon (boy is that place a DUMP/cattle market, you just turn up - no appointment system). Even after being told she was authorized to work it took a few trips to the local DSS office to convince them she was entitled to a NI #.

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Feb 27th 2004 at 11:45 pm.

Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Patent Attorney
I had a similar situation in reverse, my to-be wife (and ex-wife!) in the UK (she was a US citizen) was staying with me and she got so bored having nothing to do all day long. I just did not want to risk anything, and told her the pitfalls if they authorities found out - no matter how innocent it was they might take a different view. She wanted to do volunteer work; I did not know enough to know if "volunteer work" might be construed as "work". Anyhow, we toughed it out and she finally got clearance from the Home Office in Croydon (boy is that place a DUMP/cattle market, you just turn up - no appointment system). Even after being told she was authorized to work it took a few trips to the local DSS office to convince them she was entitled to a NI #.
I agree. It takes so long to get the coveted gc, that nothing is worth jeopardizing it for. If INS, or whatever they are calling themselves this week get someone handed to them on a plate, they will go after them and the consequences can be devastating. Not worth it for a few quid because you are bored.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 2:26 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

I agree. It takes so long to get the coveted gc, that nothing is worth jeopardizing it for. If INS, or whatever they are calling themselves this week get someone handed to them on a plate, they will go after them and the consequences can be devastating. Not worth it for a few quid because you are bored.
Illegal employment for IR's of USC's is "forgiven" by the USCIS provided no misrepresentation has taken place.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 2:34 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Illegal employment for IR's of USC's is "forgiven" by the USCIS provided no misrepresentation has taken place.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 2:39 am
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by lairdside

FYI, likewise for asylum based applicants even with some forms of misrepresentation.

Last edited by lairdside; Feb 28th 2004 at 3:08 am.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 3:43 am
Franklin

Originally posted by lairdside
The right kind of knowledge is the best kind to have!