British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   So....I went go karting with Aerosmith tonight (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/so-i-went-go-karting-aerosmith-tonight-183522/)

Pimpbot Oct 8th 2003 5:09 am

So....I went go karting with Aerosmith tonight

Well, when I say Aerosmith, I mean guitar player Brad Whitford and when I say went, I mean he just happend to show up at the track we race at here in Phoenix. I just missed the race he was in, but my friend whooped his ass :D. I just went to their website and it states that he's a big motor racing fan, which probably explains why he showed up with his own helmet. They are playing in town tomorrow night along with Kiss.

Its my second ageing rocker sighting in two weeks, as I saw Alice Cooper walking through Sky Harbor airport when I was flying to Vegas. He lives here in the valley though and has a bar downtown near the ballpark.

Rockgurl Oct 8th 2003 11:56 am

Cool! I love all those guys (as an ageing rocker myself LOL). Saw Aerosmith and Kiss at Donington Festival back in 1988 and saw Alice Cooper last year at Wembley. I thought Aerosmith lived out in Boston though. A friend of mine went to their bar over there. Go karting must be so much fun!

BrigieDarling Oct 8th 2003 1:07 pm

I met Adam Ant (when he was still cool) at Gatwick. ;)

PrincessofWales Oct 8th 2003 1:17 pm

I met Jonathan King, when he still had credibility and a clean record, at Gatwick airport....obviously the airport of choice for has beens.

doctor scrumpy Oct 8th 2003 1:27 pm

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I met Adam Ant (when he was still cool) at Gatwick. ;)
So u sent him mad then !

whatever Oct 8th 2003 4:00 pm

Seeing as this has turned into celeb spotting!!!!

I saw....... now don't you all go getting jelaous on me now!!!

'Leo Sayer'!!!! (LMAO) :D

Why LMAO??? Well at the time he was sprawled out on a sofa in
Teatros lounge (Shaftsbury Ave) with a rather sexy but very young oriental girl latched onto him, and she had made the foolish mistake of trying to 'run her fingers through his hair' and they were both literally trying to free her hand as we sat at the bar, pretending not to notice!

Pimpbot Oct 8th 2003 5:13 pm

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Cool! I love all those guys (as an ageing rocker myself LOL). Saw Aerosmith and Kiss at Donington Festival back in 1988 and saw Alice Cooper last year at Wembley. I thought Aerosmith lived out in Boston though. A friend of mine went to their bar over there. Go karting must be so much fun!
Yep, Aerosmith are from Boston and they have a bar, which I believe is called "Mama Kin"? right near Fenway park where the Boston Redsox play.

Manc Oct 8th 2003 5:30 pm

1 Attachment(s)
This was taken at a mall in Troy MI last December.
Steven has his arm around my girl Megan while Addam is my lad in the white shirt.