Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

So good it got its own Thread

So good it got its own Thread

Old Nov 17th 2003, 5:48 pm
  #1  
Pagan Sex God
Thread Starter
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Living in Oblivion
Posts: 3,668
Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default So good it got its own Thread

I was going to add this quote I read today to the quote thread but decided it was so good it deserved its own thread.

It is a comment on Bush (after conceding Iraq has no WMD or links to 911 and very tenuous links to terrorism) declaring the reason America went into Iraq was to bring Democracy



"America: a country that doesn't see the irony in invading another country in order to instil democracy"



It seems to have been said by a few people but I think it is originally Michael Moores
Patrick is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 6:25 pm
  #2  
Through the square window
 
Webbie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,723
Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So good it got its own Thread

Originally posted by Polaris_x
Michael Moore? Now, that's one human I would love to see dead. There aren't many on this planet that I truly hate, but he is one that is on my very short list. The world will be a much better place once he's taken his last breath.
How would you like to see him die ?
Would you shoot him ? (oh the irony in that)
Strangle him ?
Bomb him ?

Tell us your plans.
Webbie is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 7:02 pm
  #3  
Pagan Sex God
Thread Starter
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Living in Oblivion
Posts: 3,668
Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So good it got its own Thread

Originally posted by Polaris_x
Michael Moore? Now, that's one human I would love to see dead. There aren't many on this planet that I truly hate, but he is one that is on my very short list. The world will be a much better place once he's taken his last breath.
Whats he ever done to you, in true american freedom he speaks his mind and tell his truths! Just because you beleive Bush's truths over his doesn't make him bad person.

America the land of freedom of speech, as long as you say what people want to hear!
Patrick is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 7:47 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
edwords's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 292
edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So good it got its own Thread

Originally posted by Patrick
I was going to add this quote I read today to the quote thread but decided it was so good it deserved its own thread.

It is a comment on Bush (after conceding Iraq has no WMD or links to 911 and very tenuous links to terrorism) declaring the reason America went into Iraq was to bring Democracy



"America: a country that doesn't see the irony in invading another country in order to instil democracy"



It seems to have been said by a few people but I think it is originally Michael Moores
They really did a good job of ridiculing Michael Moore, and his habit of making up facts, on The Simpsons last night.
edwords is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 7:56 pm
  #5  
Under Achiever
 
dudleydowg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

George doubleyahh is invading the UK tomorrow, the met has drafted in 14000 extra police for the visit, is this what we avoid paying taxes for?
dudleydowg is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 8:37 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
snorkmaiden's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton.
Posts: 1,043
snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default

How many facts does he actually make up though?

It seems to me a lot of people are of the belief that if you are not pro-Bush, you are pro-terrorism, which is ridiculous, these same types like to slander Michael Moore and what he stands for.

I've read both of his books, I found them both to be enjoyable and to his credit he can actually speak in public, in whole sentences without dropping anywhere near as many clangers as George does.

It's a bit extreme to want the man dead because you don't agree with what he has to say.
snorkmaiden is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 8:49 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
edwords's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 292
edwords is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
How many facts does he actually make up though?

It seems to me a lot of people are of the belief that if you are not pro-Bush, you are pro-terrorism, which is ridiculous, these same types like to slander Michael Moore and what he stands for.

I've read both of his books, I found them both to be enjoyable and to his credit he can actually speak in public, in whole sentences without dropping anywhere near as many clangers as George does.

It's a bit extreme to want the man dead because you don't agree with what he has to say.
Actually, Moore makes up a lot of stuff, at this article documents:
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
BTW, I'm not a George Bush fan. I think he has bungled the situation in Iraq.
I also do not wish to see any harm come to Mr. Moore.
edwords is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 9:23 pm
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
snorkmaiden's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton.
Posts: 1,043
snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default

A lot of the things mentioned on that site are replied to in this article.

How to Deal with the Lies and the Lying Liars When They Lie about "Bowling for Columbine"
snorkmaiden is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 9:46 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
edwords's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 292
edwords is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
A lot of the things mentioned on that site are replied to in this article.

How to Deal with the Lies and the Lying Liars When They Lie about "Bowling for Columbine"
Not so much a justifcation for the fakery as just another Moore diatribe. How tiresome. His act is wearing thin.
edwords is offline  
Old Nov 17th 2003, 9:53 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
snorkmaiden's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton.
Posts: 1,043
snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Not as thin as Mr President's though. Weapons of mass destruction anyone?, anyone?, bueller..........

She ducks and runs..............

snorkmaiden is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:12 am
  #11  
A lion in your lap
 
elfman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Sparta NJ
Posts: 7,605
elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally posted by Polaris_x
I don't care how he dies. But, I think the best way would be for him to be stabbed to death in a high school. Preferrably Columbine. IMHO.
Are you a small-minded hateful little shit in real life, or is that just your online persona?
elfman is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:21 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Poshpaws's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 201
Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Pol,

Loosen your jock strap old son...before it cuts off your complete blood supply! Hate is self contaminating..
Poshpaws is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:30 am
  #13  
Pagan Sex God
Thread Starter
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Living in Oblivion
Posts: 3,668
Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally posted by edwords
Actually, Moore makes up a lot of stuff, at this article documents:
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
BTW, I'm not a George Bush fan. I think he has bungled the situation in Iraq.
I also do not wish to see any harm come to Mr. Moore.
I just read that link, he doesn't make stuff up as much as he links two unconnected events and makes them seem connected.

He obviously took his lead from Bush who when asked about Iraq always start the answer talking about Terrorism and September 11th thus giving the impression the two are related.

Michael Moore is outspoken, he says what he thinks and what his beleives to be true. The problem dickhead americans like Polaris_x have with that is they beleive America is the land of the free as long as you beleive what they beleive.

To say you would like anyone dead is a hateful and horrid thing and you (unbeleivable as it may seem) have jumped over Yosser on my list of people I consider to be complete and utter Dickheads.

Patrick
Patrick is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:01 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
edwords's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 292
edwords is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally posted by Patrick
I just read that link, he doesn't make stuff up as much as he links two unconnected events and makes them seem connected.

He obviously took his lead from Bush who when asked about Iraq always start the answer talking about Terrorism and September 11th thus giving the impression the two are related.

Michael Moore is outspoken, he says what he thinks and what his beleives to be true. The problem dickhead americans like Polaris_x have with that is they beleive America is the land of the free as long as you beleive what they beleive.

To say you would like anyone dead is a hateful and horrid thing and you (unbeleivable as it may seem) have jumped over Yosser on my list of people I consider to be complete and utter Dickheads.

Patrick
Read the message thread, Patrick. I didn't wish him dead, Polaris did. As I noted earlier, I wish him no harm. In any event, I prefer to debate with reason and facts rather than emotion.
edwords is offline  
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:24 pm
  #15  
Pagan Sex God
Thread Starter
 
Patrick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Living in Oblivion
Posts: 3,668
Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally posted by edwords
Read the message thread, Patrick. I didn't wish him dead, Polaris did. As I noted earlier, I wish him no harm. In any event, I prefer to debate with reason and facts rather than emotion.
My comments where for Polaris not you
Patrick is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.