British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   So good it got its own Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/so-good-got-its-own-thread-191583/)

Patrick Nov 17th 2003 5:48 pm

So good it got its own Thread

I was going to add this quote I read today to the quote thread but decided it was so good it deserved its own thread.

It is a comment on Bush (after conceding Iraq has no WMD or links to 911 and very tenuous links to terrorism) declaring the reason America went into Iraq was to bring Democracy

"America: a country that doesn't see the irony in invading another country in order to instil democracy"

It seems to have been said by a few people but I think it is originally Michael Moores

Webbie Nov 17th 2003 6:25 pm

Re: So good it got its own Thread

Originally posted by Polaris_x
Michael Moore? Now, that's one human I would love to see dead. There aren't many on this planet that I truly hate, but he is one that is on my very short list. The world will be a much better place once he's taken his last breath.
How would you like to see him die ?
Would you shoot him ? (oh the irony in that)
Strangle him ?
Bomb him ?

Tell us your plans.

Patrick Nov 17th 2003 7:02 pm

Michael Moore? Now, that's one human I would love to see dead. There aren't many on this planet that I truly hate, but he is one that is on my very short list. The world will be a much better place once he's taken his last breath.
Whats he ever done to you, in true american freedom he speaks his mind and tell his truths! Just because you beleive Bush's truths over his doesn't make him bad person.

America the land of freedom of speech, as long as you say what people want to hear!

edwords Nov 17th 2003 7:47 pm

Originally posted by Patrick
I was going to add this quote I read today to the quote thread but decided it was so good it deserved its own thread.

It is a comment on Bush (after conceding Iraq has no WMD or links to 911 and very tenuous links to terrorism) declaring the reason America went into Iraq was to bring Democracy

"America: a country that doesn't see the irony in invading another country in order to instil democracy"

It seems to have been said by a few people but I think it is originally Michael Moores
They really did a good job of ridiculing Michael Moore, and his habit of making up facts, on The Simpsons last night.

dudleydowg Nov 17th 2003 7:56 pm

George doubleyahh is invading the UK tomorrow, the met has drafted in 14000 extra police for the visit, is this what we avoid paying taxes for?

snorkmaiden Nov 17th 2003 8:37 pm

How many facts does he actually make up though?

It seems to me a lot of people are of the belief that if you are not pro-Bush, you are pro-terrorism, which is ridiculous, these same types like to slander Michael Moore and what he stands for.

I've read both of his books, I found them both to be enjoyable and to his credit he can actually speak in public, in whole sentences without dropping anywhere near as many clangers as George does.

It's a bit extreme to want the man dead because you don't agree with what he has to say.

edwords Nov 17th 2003 8:49 pm

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
How many facts does he actually make up though?

It seems to me a lot of people are of the belief that if you are not pro-Bush, you are pro-terrorism, which is ridiculous, these same types like to slander Michael Moore and what he stands for.

I've read both of his books, I found them both to be enjoyable and to his credit he can actually speak in public, in whole sentences without dropping anywhere near as many clangers as George does.

It's a bit extreme to want the man dead because you don't agree with what he has to say.
Actually, Moore makes up a lot of stuff, at this article documents:
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
BTW, I'm not a George Bush fan. I think he has bungled the situation in Iraq.
I also do not wish to see any harm come to Mr. Moore.

snorkmaiden Nov 17th 2003 9:23 pm

A lot of the things mentioned on that site are replied to in this article.

How to Deal with the Lies and the Lying Liars When They Lie about "Bowling for Columbine"

edwords Nov 17th 2003 9:46 pm

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
A lot of the things mentioned on that site are replied to in this article.

How to Deal with the Lies and the Lying Liars When They Lie about "Bowling for Columbine"
Not so much a justifcation for the fakery as just another Moore diatribe. How tiresome. His act is wearing thin.

snorkmaiden Nov 17th 2003 9:53 pm

Not as thin as Mr President's though. Weapons of mass destruction anyone?, anyone?, bueller..........

She ducks and runs..............

:D

elfman Nov 18th 2003 1:12 am

I don't care how he dies. But, I think the best way would be for him to be stabbed to death in a high school. Preferrably Columbine. IMHO.
Are you a small-minded hateful little shit in real life, or is that just your online persona?

Poshpaws Nov 18th 2003 1:21 am

Pol,

Loosen your jock strap old son...before it cuts off your complete blood supply! Hate is self contaminating..

Patrick Nov 18th 2003 1:30 am

Originally posted by edwords
Actually, Moore makes up a lot of stuff, at this article documents:
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
BTW, I'm not a George Bush fan. I think he has bungled the situation in Iraq.
I also do not wish to see any harm come to Mr. Moore.
I just read that link, he doesn't make stuff up as much as he links two unconnected events and makes them seem connected.

He obviously took his lead from Bush who when asked about Iraq always start the answer talking about Terrorism and September 11th thus giving the impression the two are related.

Michael Moore is outspoken, he says what he thinks and what his beleives to be true. The problem dickhead americans like Polaris_x have with that is they beleive America is the land of the free as long as you beleive what they beleive.

To say you would like anyone dead is a hateful and horrid thing and you (unbeleivable as it may seem) have jumped over Yosser on my list of people I consider to be complete and utter Dickheads.

Patrick

edwords Nov 18th 2003 7:01 am

Originally posted by Patrick
I just read that link, he doesn't make stuff up as much as he links two unconnected events and makes them seem connected.

He obviously took his lead from Bush who when asked about Iraq always start the answer talking about Terrorism and September 11th thus giving the impression the two are related.

Michael Moore is outspoken, he says what he thinks and what his beleives to be true. The problem dickhead americans like Polaris_x have with that is they beleive America is the land of the free as long as you beleive what they beleive.

To say you would like anyone dead is a hateful and horrid thing and you (unbeleivable as it may seem) have jumped over Yosser on my list of people I consider to be complete and utter Dickheads.

Patrick
Read the message thread, Patrick. I didn't wish him dead, Polaris did. As I noted earlier, I wish him no harm. In any event, I prefer to debate with reason and facts rather than emotion.

Patrick Nov 18th 2003 2:24 pm

Originally posted by edwords
Read the message thread, Patrick. I didn't wish him dead, Polaris did. As I noted earlier, I wish him no harm. In any event, I prefer to debate with reason and facts rather than emotion.
My comments where for Polaris not you