British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   So, Is Everyone Else Sweltering too??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/so-everyone-else-sweltering-too-315629/)

Lesley1020 Jul 23rd 2005 5:36 pm

So, Is Everyone Else Sweltering too???

1 Attachment(s)
102 here and heat index of 115. UGH. I don't remember it ever getting this hot last year.... My puppy refuses point blank to go out LOL....

Speaking of pups - here is my new baby!!!

AmerLisa Jul 23rd 2005 5:46 pm

Re: So, Is Everyone Else Sweltering too???

Beautiful puppy, Lesley. We're, thankfully, in nice cool weather. High 60's and cloudy....bliss. :)

Lesley1020 Jul 23rd 2005 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Beautiful puppy, Lesley. We're, thankfully, in nice cool weather. High 60's and cloudy....bliss. :)

Ah I am sooo jealous! :D What I would give for a nice cool breeze and some cloud cover right about now!

No laying out at the pool today - I think I would die!!!

Toontje Jul 23rd 2005 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Lesley1020

Nice dog..... :)

cindyabs Jul 23rd 2005 6:46 pm

Same here, since the heat really kicked in, my dog refuses to go out on his own when I run home at lunchtime. So I have to go out, stand there and coax him.

krizzy Jul 23rd 2005 6:53 pm

102 here and heat index of 115. UGH. I don't remember it ever getting this hot last year.... My puppy refuses point blank to go out LOL....

Its only 76 here.....but the sunroom which I'm painting on and off is a bit warm........

Dan725 Jul 23rd 2005 6:55 pm

Not as hot as that here, more like 90 some, with plenty of humidity. Situation normal, then!

Nice pup! :)

Pimpbot Jul 23rd 2005 7:40 pm

Monsoon season officially started this week, so the temps have dropped from the 110 to 118 range down to about 105. But the humidity has risen which has made the last few days uncomfortable. We had a rain storm last night and strong winds to. I'm doing Mexican food for dinner tonight, so I am predicting gusting winds for this evening also.

krizzy Jul 23rd 2005 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Monsoon season officially started this week, so the temps have dropped from the 110 to 118 range down to about 105. But the humidity has risen which has made the last few days uncomfortable. We had a rain storm last night and strong winds to. I'm doing Mexican food for dinner tonight, so I am predicting gusting winds for this evening also.

I thought we had a small twister last night.....the thunderstorm was huge.....we lost power...the wind got really loud outside...then everything started flying around in the garden......we lost our roof to a twister in 95.....

Dimsie Jul 23rd 2005 8:59 pm

Love the dog! What a sweetie!

Phew - heat index 112 here. And this town is holding "The World's Biggest Garage Sale" most houses are having a clear-out- been trolling around a few this afternoon. My clothes are wringing wet! :o

Lothianlad Jul 23rd 2005 10:44 pm

Ah I am sooo jealous! :D What I would give for a nice cool breeze and some cloud cover right about now!

No laying out at the pool today - I think I would die!!!

I'll swop with you.... :) But it's been a great summer here so far but been cloudy today and nae sae hot. been 30C

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGPH.html

Cheers!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Bob Jul 24th 2005 12:49 am

very cute :)

And yeah, it's been hot wet humidity around here, not like a lot of people...but when the car's without a/c...it's a nightmare, but that's getting fixed on tuesday...and yesterday had a killer of a storm, which was fantastic :)

krizzy Jul 24th 2005 1:40 am

Its a cool 67 here now.......I may have to close some windows...... :D :D

NC Penguin Jul 24th 2005 3:23 am

This weekend the temperatures should be less than 100F, giving respite from the > 100F temperatures that I've experienced this past week and what I'll be experiencing this coming week.

It's a combination of temperature + humidity (over 60% most days).

Expect to hear newstories of kids and animals that have died as a result of having been left unattended in vehicles during the day.... :mad:

NC Penguin

BritishInOhio Jul 24th 2005 3:41 am

Should be the hottest day in Chicago in 6 years on Sunday. Great. Miss the ****ing rain!