Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Snow in Fort Worth Again

Snow in Fort Worth Again

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 3:37 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Snow in Fort Worth Again

For the second time this year, snow is lying (or sticking) in Fort Worth. My daughter is 1 today and she got a white birthday! It'll probably all be gone by Christmas though.

Any snow over in Dallas or Plano?
Attached Thumbnails Snow in Fort Worth Again-december-2004-116-medium-web-view.jpg  
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 3:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snow in Fort Worth Again

Nice...more snow there on the ground than here..well the northern counties don't count, there's 4 feet and counting up there...but down in the rest of the state, there's hardly any snow sticking to the ground
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 5:00 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Nice...more snow there on the ground than here..well the northern counties don't count, there's 4 feet and counting up there...but down in the rest of the state, there's hardly any snow sticking to the ground
This time yesterday it was a beautiful warm day and I was out on the golf course. That's Texas weather for you!
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 5:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
This time yesterday it was a beautiful warm day and I was out on the golf course. That's Texas weather for you!
nice
It was freezing cold yesterday, and it's freezing cold today, but compared to yesterday, could almost get the shorts out *lol*
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we've got it over here in Garland. It doesn't look like it's going to last long though. Still, the kids just love the fact it's snowing at all, it makes it seem more like Christmas I think.

I'm going to get all cosy on the couch with a choccy biscuit, a cuppa and watch a Christmas flick
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:04 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

"I'm dreaming of a white christmas"....la la la la....

Woooohoo its my first ever white xmas, I had to pop into work real quick and the snow has started to settle here in Rowlett. My 4 year old is itching to get out there, but the poor bugger has "croup" cough and is a little sick.

Good ol' Texas weather, I has shorts and T-shirt on yesterday
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Had some in Dallas but its all gone now - still bloody cold mind you!!
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:13 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Had some in Dallas but its all gone now - still bloody cold mind you!!
Snow here in Arkansas, not meant to stay till the weekend though it does look pretty
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:45 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

LOTS here in Plano! It's been snowing all day and our poor palm trees are covered!

How will I ever persuade my 6-year-old girls that it doesn't ALWAYS snow for Xmas in Texas now that it has for two years on a row?!?

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to love the way the Texas drivers adapt to the different weather conditions

I just nipped out to Target to get more chocolate oranges I live by both the 78 and the 190 and there are crashes on both. I had to drive further along the 190 than I wanted to to get off as a car had spun round and caused a pile up on the exit ramp.

There are fire engines and ambulances all over the place trying to get to the crashes but the roads are blocked in both directions and as soon as there is a little gap they all drive like maniacs again....
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 12:31 am
Brit'n'TX

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
You've got to love the way the Texas drivers adapt to the different weather conditions

I just nipped out to Target to get more chocolate oranges I live by both the 78 and the 190 and there are crashes on both. I had to drive further along the 190 than I wanted to to get off as a car had spun round and caused a pile up on the exit ramp.

There are fire engines and ambulances all over the place trying to get to the crashes but the roads are blocked in both directions and as soon as there is a little gap they all drive like maniacs again....
for some reason they think they have a force field around them ...

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I know its not snow, but we had a frost on the ground this morning. Going to be nudging 70 xmas day though.
Old Dec 25th 2004, 8:03 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

First white Christmas ever on *the Mexican border*. We missed seeing our hometown and our grandparents' house covered in snow because everyone is at my house in Austin, 300 miles north of the snow! (too dry to snow here)

Everyone is excited.... not often you get to say "snowman" in Mexican Spanish!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 1:44 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I know its not snow, but we had a frost on the ground this morning. Going to be nudging 70 xmas day though.
Oh boo hoo! Why did I ever leave Phoenix? It was 6 degrees F the other day (that's -14 C in English measurements) and we had a foot of snow. It took me half an hour to dig the car out and then when I did I could barely get it over the mound of snow around the car, so I had to dig that too. It is pretty though, I must say, but I'm downright terrified of driving in it, as people here drive like loonies at the best of times.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Oh boo hoo! Why did I ever leave Phoenix? It was 6 degrees F the other day (that's -14 C in English measurements) and we had a foot of snow. It took me half an hour to dig the car out and then when I did I could barely get it over the mound of snow around the car, so I had to dig that too. It is pretty though, I must say, but I'm downright terrified of driving in it, as people here drive like loonies at the best of times.

Merry Christmas Rockgurl and Deb !! thought you had a jeep ?? if so driving in the snow should be easy peasy, just use that womans intuition to watch out for the loons hehe. As for snow shovelling what can I say errrr it sucks but its a darn good workout !!

Have fun ... Jan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.