Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Smoking in the USA

Smoking in the USA

Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking in the USA

Originally Posted by Toontje
I roll my own, Drum tobacco. $3.80 per pouch and I can easily get 50 cigarettes out of one pouch. That's like 7.5 cts per cigarette.
drums a tad harsh, miss cutters choice or golden virginia...but it'll have to do, buggler is arse...what is nice is american spirit, but you can't get the rolling kind anywhere in this state for some reason.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Not sure how I'm a poser when I only use it at home? Too much of a pain in the arse to carry around, and all the PC nosey bastard LA crowd would probably freak out if you started smoking a pipe within 500 yards of them
A glass of red wine and smoking my pipe stuffed with a fine tobacco blend helps me think great thoughts.............. maybe you should try it?
My Dad use to smoke a pipe, just lovely it was him flicking it out on his news paper on his lap But he would say the same thing Tom it dose help you think
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:57 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
So basically you set fire to money?
I guess you could reduce every enjoyable experience in life down to it's lowest common denominator

i.e Enjoying a gourmet meal = 'basically' turning money into a turd

Making love to a beautiful woman = 'basically' expending an inordinate amount of calorific energy expelling approx. 5 ml. of bodily fluid

etc. etc.

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Nov 6th 2006 at 1:23 am.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:59 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Of course ... its like sex .. my weaner is worn out as well.........

Lol

Ok.. I won't love you any less if you smoke..
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:02 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
My Dad use to smoke a pipe, just lovely it was him flicking it out on his news paper on his lap But he would say the same thing Tom it dose help you think
It's also the satisfying ritual of going to the tobacco shop near me. There's a crowd of 'locals' that hang around the tobacconist chatting and smoking on a weekend day, almost like a pub type atmosphere. Then looking at all the pipes and various blends of tobacco, thinking what shall I try today, probably akin to going to the sweetshop when I was a kid and getting 1/4 pound bag of sweeties.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:33 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

When I first came here I still rolled my own. Until too many people assumed I was smoking pot.
Haven't rolled since.
Still smoke.
Cigarettes.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
My daughter works in a pipe & tobacco shop down here. Its nice, but a bit like a "Republicans Club" with pictures of Limbaugh all over the place.
They have a big leather couch in front of a flat screen TV with at least 2 or 3 large, bald, smokers parked in front of it at any given time.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by gardnma
My daughter works in a pipe & tobacco shop down here. Its nice, but a bit like a "Republicans Club" with pictures of Limbaugh all over the place.
They have a big leather couch in front of a flat screen TV with at least 2 or 3 large, bald, smokers parked in front of it at any given time.
The words nice and pictures of Limbaugh just don't go together
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:44 am
Account Closed

The words nice and pictures of Limbaugh just don't go together

Ok, you got me there.

Re-phrase:

The smell is very nice.
The decor is spoiled by Limbaugh's mug plastered on the walls.

Continue.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:21 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

A glass of red wine and smoking my pipe stuffed with a fine tobacco blend helps me think great thoughts.............. maybe you should try it?
Could my thoughts be any greater?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally
Could my thoughts be any greater?
Don't forget I have read your blog............. time to buy yourself that pipe
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:28 am
Account Closed

Don't forget I have read your blog............. time to buy yourself that pipe
You're such a hurtful person - don't know why I even talk to you.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally
You're such a hurtful person - don't know why I even talk to you.
Inspiration, I'm your mentor. I'm trying to get you to achieve more than getting Abe through another game level
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Inspiration, I'm your mentor. I'm trying to get you to achieve more than getting Abe through another game level
Don't knock Abe
Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how I'm a poser when I only use it at home? Too much of a pain in the arse to carry around, and all the PC nosey bastard LA crowd would probably freak out if you started smoking a pipe within 500 yards of them
a nice pipe is rather lovely, that, or a nice cigar...lovely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.