Small SUVs

Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:02 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small SUVs

Originally Posted by Bob
but you have nice sunny climes...on a hint of heavy rain, ice, snow, and the slightest bend, and those puppies roll over like crazy around here...down to poor balance, have to pack the rear seats down with sand, like pick-ups around here.

Mate had one, gear box went, rear brakes went, front axle went, weren't cheap to repair...weren't all at once mind...and it had 160K on the clock.

I have to say

Suspension shit
Brakes shit
Steering shit
Scary as shit to drive in bad weather
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:04 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Because it's been parked up for 4 years due to knackered running gear?

Nope - its a good workhorse, trips to lowes and knoxville etc, although since my missus started a new job she gets the bus into town, which all of our friends find hilarious (quicker, cheaper and easier than driving)

Even more hilerious is the fact that the state newspaper interview her and published the interview on the front page!

Probably something to do with the fact that she is not part of the typical demographic to ride the bus in nashville
Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Nope - its a good workhorse, trips to lowes and knoxville etc, although since my missus started a new job she gets the bus into town, which all of our friends find hilarious (quicker, cheaper and easier than driving)

Even more hilerious is the fact that the state newspaper interview her and published the interview on the front page!

Probably something to do with the fact that she is not part of the typical demographic to ride the bus in nashville

Let me get this right, you are singing the praises of JEEP by telling me that your wife prefers to take the bus to work??
Old Oct 29th 2005, 9:09 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Let me get this right, you are singing the praises of JEEP by telling me that your wife prefers to take the bus to work??

not quite, just saying they are maybe not quite as unreliable as you said

if she had a beemer or a merc she would still prefer to take the bus....
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

if she had a beemer or a merc she would still prefer to take the bus....
with the cost of insuring one, i'd drive 'em all the time to get moneys worth
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:19 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

It's cheap!

Last edited by gruffbrown; Oct 30th 2005 at 1:22 am.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:33 am
Banned

Martin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We (husband and I) are currently looking at small SUVs to replace our small car. We're not buying one this second, but are doing research, since there seems to be so many out there. Does anyone own a small SUV (for example Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Liberty) and how do they like/dislike it. Does anyone have any information on any of them? Thanks for any help.
Her Ladyship has a Hyundai Tucson - the LX V6 - and is made up with it .. nice engine, well appointed, all seats except the drivers seat fold flat ...

I'll get her to pm you when she gets back if you like ..
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I cant for the life of me understand why anyone would buy a small SUV.

If your family is small enough to all fit inside a car, buy a car.
If not buy a minivan (far wiser option that a small SUV)

SUV's are dinosaurs, handle like crap,crap on gas, perform like crap, built like crap and after a few years ain't worth a crap (well the US built one's anyway).

I don't particularly like minivans but they have to be 100 times more practical than an SUV.

Last edited by rushman; Oct 30th 2005 at 1:39 am.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

SUV's are dinosaurs, handle like crap,crap on gas, perform like crap, built like crap and after a few years ain't worth a crap (well the US built one's anyway).
second hand, there pretty cheap to buy though..and the suburu's aren't half bad...
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

jobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Small SUVs

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We (husband and I) are currently looking at small SUVs to replace our small car. We're not buying one this second, but are doing research, since there seems to be so many out there. Does anyone own a small SUV (for example Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Liberty) and how do they like/dislike it. Does anyone have any information on any of them? Thanks for any help.
Hi.. yea I'm a newbie on here, but have had a Honda CRV for 3 years and have absolutely loved it. Great price to start with and now that we are thinking about selling, it is still worth a bundle (relatively speaking). I cart everything around in that thing, people, mulch, plants, powerwasher, shopping etc.. oh and of course people and now the new(ish) baby. Husband says the seats give him a bad back for long distance and I would say it is more suited for chicks, but would recommend as a small SUV.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:14 am
Banned

Martin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to beholdMartin Wellbourne is a splendid one to behold

have you driven one for any length of time?
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Martin Wellbourne
have you driven one for any length of time?
Yes, thank you
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
second hand, there pretty cheap to buy though..and the suburu's aren't half bad...
Subaru forrester arent exactly what I'd class as a small SUV and yes there good in the NE.

I'm talking about the Honda pilot size type thingy's.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:49 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

SUVs are for wimps.

Real men drive trucks with these.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
SUVs are for wimps.

Real men drive trucks with these.
Love it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.