Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Slight Problem with American Hyperbole

Wikiposts

Slight Problem with American Hyperbole

Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:28 am
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future
Default Re: Slight Problem with American Hyperbole

Originally Posted by USBound
is there a blanket ban on trolling around here?
Ah....there it is. I was waiting for the first person to mention that T-word. Funny thing is, if you spend a moment to scroll through this thread, you will see the irony that it was ME who tried to lead an intelligent albeit controversial debate...until it AGAIN descended into this petty, insulting nonsense jsut because people are too dim to see the truth.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:29 am
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I assume that is a rhetorical question.

Aren't you the guy with several identities?
Actually, no. And a quick IP check will probably prove it. I don't go in for internet head games, love. This is the only username I've had and the only one I need.

Can we PLEASE get back on topic instead of the usually Wolf-pack jibes at me?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
Ah....there it is. I was waiting for the first person to mention that T-word. Funny thing is, if you spend a moment to scroll through this thread, you will see the irony that it was ME who tried to lead an intelligent albeit controversial debate...until it AGAIN descended into this petty, insulting nonsense jsut because people are too dim to see the truth.

you think you see 'the truth' ?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
This idiot doesn't know dick from shit. Why is he allowed to live?
He started off well enough. I haven't read the ensuing posts though.

Is this Warrior Life - The Sequel?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, no. And a quick IP check will probably prove it. I don't go in for internet head games, love. This is the only username I've had and the only one I need.

Can we PLEASE get back on topic instead of the usually Wolf-pack jibes at me?
Terribly sorry, I must have you confused with another guy that hates everybody and everything.

Carry on.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Taffyles
you think you see 'the truth' ?
see the truth? See the truth?? I AM THE TRUTH.

Just because I have exposed all those shameless, hollow infidels who ease their own shallow conscience by posting a throwaway tribute message onto a web forum - avoiding all the hard physical contributions necessary to carry out a relief effort - is no reason for you to get pissy.

Go back to the raindrops on roses in your cyber-pub and leave the no-BS "telling it like it is" attitude to a genuine person.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Just because I have exposed all those shameless, hollow infidels who ease their own shallow conscience by posting a throwaway tribute message onto a web forum - avoiding all the hard physical contributions necessary to carry out a relief effort - is no reason for you to get pissy.

Go back to the raindrops on roses in your cyber-pub and leave the no-BS "telling it like it is" attitude to a genuine person.
Ack, Warrior Life, where did you go astray?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:35 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else get tired of American media overhype? How nauseating it is to constantly listen to 9/11 referred to as "The Most Infamous Mass Murder of All Time" and "The Greatest Act of Terrorism The World Ever Saw"...and now in addition to this, the current talk of Katrina being "The most devastating natural disaster in recent memory", "America's Tsunami", "Mother Nature's greatest attack in modern memory"...it's terrible.

Yes - forget the Holocaust, Chinese infant massacres, IRA attacks, ETA attacks, Russian school terrorists, global genocides, the recent Asian tsunami, Indian earthquakes and Lord knows what else....that's all irrelevant. Anything that happens on American soil must take precedence over all the other 'inferior' nations.

The agony isn't over yet. I hope you're all prepared for the inevitable onslaught of tribute concerts, DVD specials, collectable newspapers and magazines, benefit gigs, movie remakes and public events that will soon be all over the place. I'll be sure to pre-order my 'Help Rebuild New Orleans' rubber bracelet when it comes out.

America is notorious for this, and it is starting to leave a bad taste in other people's mouths...especially mine.

And no, I am not flaming, trolling or causing trouble. Just offering a fresh perspective on the cookie-cutter "My heart goes out to these people" shallow threads.
what are you on about ...it takes precedent because we are all IN America....are you daring to suggest that other countries take an even interest in American disasters/news as they do in their own Countries, their own backyards? I mean you even posted your gripe in the U.S forum..why cos people in the other countries probably wouldn't have bothered to read past the first paragraph

Of course if we start seeing Pam Anderson on Larry king again I'll scream!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I thought he had a good point at the beginning. I mean the news media does go OTT with all their ridiculous reporting....or was I getting the wrong point?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:38 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I see Jesus is off again?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you ARE the truth.... LMAO. I've never been in a cyber pub- you must have confused me with someone else. But I have been in the aftermaths of nasty hurricanes- helping. Have you? Nahhh thought not.

Where did this clown come from??
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:42 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I thought he had a good point at the beginning. I mean the news media does go OTT with all their ridiculous reporting....or was I getting the wrong point?
ermm I think you meant well I mean they went OTT with Micheal Jackson , Martha stewart, Scott Peterson etc...the list goes on..but this is a huge mother ****ing Hurricaine that has thousands of American's homeless hungry scared, of course we should hear about it and of course we should care, LOWES and the Red Cross are taking any donations..it makes me feel good to know I can help...sod Warrior life if, he doesn't like the news he can always change the channel..isn't Guiding Light on or something............
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
ermm I think you meant well I mean they went OTT with Micheal Jackson , Martha stewart, Scott Peterson etc...the list goes on..but this is a huge mother ****ing Hurricaine that has thousands of American's homeless hungry scared, of course we should hear about it and of course we should care, LOWES and the Red Cross are taking any donations..it makes me feel good to know I can help...sod Warrior life if, he doesn't like the news he can always change the channel..isn't Guiding Light on or something............
I do know its huge.....but certainly the reporting (standing out in the damn hurricane for god's sake!) gets ridiculous, don't you agree? I'm not agreeing that we shouldn't care, but to me, CNN is probably jumping up for joy at a good news story. I'm not trying to be heartless, but I think the media are.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I do know its huge.....but certainly the reporting (standing out in the damn hurricane for god's sake!) gets ridiculous, don't you agree? I'm not agreeing that we shouldn't care, but to me, CNN is probably jumping up for joy at a good news story. I'm not trying to be heartless, but I think the media are.
Well until you creatures realise that the definition of "caring", "worrying" and "sympathizing" means a lot more than a $20 donation with your credit card and an empty "get well soon" message posted on a forum (which will end up on page 6 by Friday), I will be here to put you in your place.

Once again, if my house and family were lost, and some dick told me "his heart went out to me" from his safe, warm house in New Mexico, you can bet I would be offended.

I bet you lot also cried over Diana's death didn't you? A woman you never knew, a person you never met. Yet I bet you all watched the funeral on TV, shedding crocodile tears and immersing yourself in fake self-gratifying grief.

The best part of all is how not one of you has been able to refute my comments and so resort to safety measures like "Oh God its him again" and "Go away troll". I am the truth and the reflection of your rotten souls...deal with it. You can't argue because you know it's true, so you resort to petty insults. Shame.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:54 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Halleluiah!

The Messiah has risen again!

Edited to add: Please do not dispute this - after all, he is "the truth and the reflection of your rotten souls"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.