Slade

Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Slade

How can you tell it is December if you do not here Slade's Merry Xmas Everybody ad nauseum on the radio ?
Old Dec 4th 2003, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Yep,
The wife already has the DC station on that constantly plays Xmas music.
But as yet no Noddy Holder !
Old Dec 4th 2003, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

What's more, I have yet to year Roy Wood And Wizzard's "I wish it could be Christmas everyday".

No Jona Lewie either, for that matter.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Its just not Christmas until Noddy tells me "Its Christmas!!"
Old Dec 4th 2003, 3:21 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Slade

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
How can you tell it is December if you do not here Slade's Merry Xmas Everybody ad nauseum on the radio ?
That is one of my favourite songs too!

Someone sent it to me last year!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:44 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

First thing I'll do when I get back in a couple of weeks, is nip into Woolworths to listen to Noddy being blasted out. Then it will officially be Christmas!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 6:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
First thing I'll do when I get back in a couple of weeks, is nip into Woolworths to listen to Noddy being blasted out. Then it will officially be Christmas!

You can get it online off the Slade website, if you really want.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 7:15 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
All together now....

"Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall...
It's the time that every Santa has a ball
Does he ride a red nosed reindeer
Does a ton-up on his sleigh
Do the faries keep him sober for a day.
So here it is Merry Xmas
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun.
Are you waiting for the family to arrive

Are you sure you got the room to spare inside
Does your granny always tell ya
That the old songs are the best
Then she's up and rock and rollin' with the rest.

So here it is Merry Xmas
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun.
What will your daddy do when he sees
Your mama kissin' Santa Claus
Ah ah

Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall
Are you hoping that the snow will start to fall
Do you ride on down the hillside
In a buggy you have made
When you land upon your head
Then you bin slayed.

So here it is Merry Xmas
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now ("IT'S CHRRRRISTMAAAAAAS")
It's only just beguu...uuu...unnn."

Old Dec 4th 2003, 7:30 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
You can get it online off the Slade website, if you really want.
Actually, I've got it on one of those Christmas albums (why do they bring a new one out each year when they all have exactly the same stuff on them?) but barging through the crowds in Woolies just adds a little something to the experience, ya know?
Old Dec 4th 2003, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

It might not be on the radio but i've got it on mp3 )
Yep Slade and Wizzard are both playing in our house !
The only radio station around here thats playing Christmas music is a country station ... so even at Christmas time his wifes left in and the dogs died lalalalaaaa

Jan
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:46 am
Just Joined

braddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
How true, I learned to type (in college believe it or not), to "My friend Stan" by Slade, anyone remember that one!!!???
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:24 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll say this for us Brits, we know how to do a Xmas song well. If it comes down to listening to Merry Xmas Everyone by Slade, or the endless Jazz and RnB covers of songs like White Christmas that seem to be all over the place over here, I'm in the Slade camp.
While I'm at it, what's the big deal about Mannheim Steamroller over here? Whenever I hear them it sounds like a child playing Xmas songs on one of those cheap Casio keyboards!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by braddy
How true, I learned to type (in college believe it or not), to "My friend Stan" by Slade, anyone remember that one!!!???
My friend Stan has a dirty old man was the opening line ?

I have seen Noddy appear in the ad for Bob the Builders Xmas show with Elton John though. Who wants to hear Sir Elton sing Crocodile Rock on Xmas Eve ? Noddy's raw throated screeching is what Xmas is all about if you are 35+ !
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Also, a total lack of Cliff Richard, although I know he never really made it big over here.
I'll miss not hearing "Mistletoe and Wine " every hour !
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:53 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

It sounds like you lot need to get this brilliant Christmas CD produced by Virgin which is a compilation of all the famous Brit & American Christmas classics - including "Stop the Cavalry"....

It has Slade, Wizzard, John & Yoko, Mud, Steeleye Span, Band Aid, on one CD and all the Bing Crosby type classics on the other CD. I bought it a few years ago (with a slightly different format of songs to the latest edition, I guess due to copyrights) and this CD is just fantastic ...wonder in a few years if Bill Nighy's Xmas song " Christmas Is All Around" spoof from the "Love Actually" movie will make it onto the CD????) :

"The Best Christmas Album In the World, Ever" (Various Artists)

Includes:
'Happy Xmas (War is Over)" John & Yoko
'Wonderful Christmastime" Paul McCartney
"I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" Wizzard
"Merry Xmas Everybody" Slade
"Do They Know It's Christmas" Band Aid
"A Fairytale Of New York" Pogues/Kirsty McColl
"I Believe In Father Christmas" Greg Lake
"2000 Miles" Pretenders
"A Spaceman Came Travelling" Chris de Burgh
"The Power of Love" Frankie Goes to Hollywood
"Driving Home For Christmas" Chris Rea (love this!)
"Step Into Christmas" Elton John
"Merry Christmas Everyone" Shakin'Stevens
"Another Rock & Roll Christmas" Gary Glitter (now substituted!!!)
"Little Saint Nick" Beach Boys
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Jackson 5
"In Dulce Jubilo" Mike Oldfield
"Stop the Cavalry" Jona Lewie
"Christmas Wrapping" The Waitresses
"Ring Out, Solstice Bells" Jethro Tull
"Peace on Earth, Little Drummer Boy" Bing Crosby/David Bowie

Disc 2 (just some of the tracks listed here)

White Christmas - Bing
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Snow - Dean Martin
Mary's Boy Child - Harry Belafonte
When A Child Is Born - Johnny Mathis
Mistletoe & Wine - Cliff Richard
Walking In the Air - Aled Jones (from "The Snowman")
Winter Wonderland - Doris Day
Lonely Pup In A Christmas Shop - Adam Faith
Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - Mel & Kim
Happy Holiday - Andy Williams
Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
Lonely this Christmas - Mud
Silver Bells - Jim Reeves
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Perry Como
We Wish You a Merry Christmas - The Weavers
The Twelve Days of Christmas - The Spinners
Gaudette - Steeleye Span ( I love this)
In the Bleak Midwinter - Bert Jansch
etc.

If this CD doesn't get you into the Christmas Spirit, then *nothing will*.

Price: US http://www.amazon.com (Import) an incredible $39.99

*HOWEVER* if you go to the UK Amazon site it is much cheaper - yes they do ship overseas and will take a US registered credit card online... or you could get a rellie/friend back home to buy it for you and mail it across.

http://www.amazon.co.uk Price: GBP12.99

If you don't have it in your collection then buy it today - you won't regret it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.