Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Skyway Robbery!

Skyway Robbery!

Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:44 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Skyway Robbery!

Did you know that airfares from the US to Europe are currently much higher (up to 66%) than from flights departing from Europe to the USA?

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...hts13_ST_N.htm

http://www.bestfares.com/news.php?newsID=3314

It really peeves me when the airport taxes and charges amount to a lot more $ than the actual basic price of the seat on the plane...
Old Sep 19th 2010, 1:02 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skyway Robbery!

Yes I did, my Mom and I were wondering why the heck she can fly to us for so much less
Old Sep 19th 2010, 1:53 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

yep I have noticed the cost of flights to the UK are unbelievable..

kept hoping they would go down but it hasn't happened so going to bite the bullet and book flights for next month..
Old Sep 19th 2010, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

just paid a little over $2000 for me, hubby and baby (on lap) to fly to the uk ugh
Old Sep 19th 2010, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Scott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It really peeves me when the airport taxes and charges amount to a lot more $ than the actual basic price of the seat on the plane...

I noticed that with my most recent airfare...

"The airfare you paid on this itinerary totals: 714.00 USD
The taxes, fees, and surcharges paid total: 778.40 USD"

Nine additional fees and taxes more than doubles the basic price.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Did you know that airfares from the US to Europe are currently much higher (up to 66%) than from flights departing from Europe to the USA?

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...hts13_ST_N.htm

http://www.bestfares.com/news.php?newsID=3314

Try BA.
Booking LAS-LHR-LAS from the US cost $2700 for 2
LHR-LAS-LHR booked from the UK cost $2400, so only about 12% less from the UK. Both prices are reasonable I think.
From my residence, Paris, it costs a lot more than that.