Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Skype - free calls to the UK this weekend from the USA

Skype - free calls to the UK this weekend from the USA

Old Jul 12th 2006, 3:45 pm
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Skype - free calls to the UK this weekend from the USA

On Skype's home page:

"This weekend, we’re giving away free calls to the UK. Starting at 12:01AM July 15th until 11:59PM July 16th EST you’ll be able to make as many calls as you like to any phone in the UK, and it won’t cost a thing.

You must be within the US or Canada to make free calls this weekend."

They are also doing:

Free calls to Mexico for July 22 and 23.

Free calls to Japan for Jul 29 and 30.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

nottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud ofnottslad has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Skype - free calls to the UK this weekend from the USA

Originally Posted by mozoo
On Skype's home page:

"This weekend, we’re giving away free calls to the UK. Starting at 12:01AM July 15th until 11:59PM July 16th EST you’ll be able to make as many calls as you like to any phone in the UK, and it won’t cost a thing.

They are also doing:

That's a good deal. Nothing better than free.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 6:49 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skype - free calls to the UK this weekend from the USA

On Skype's home page:

They are also doing:

Typical they would do that the one weekend of the year when I'm actually going to be in the UK.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

On Skype's home page:

They are also doing:

Thats great - but if you use VOIP Stunt they are always free (landlines)
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

On Skype's home page:

They are also doing:

Does that mean you can call people who aren't on skype themselves? i.e. just call a landline? How do you do it?
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:44 pm
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
Does that mean you can call people who aren't on skype themselves? i.e. just call a landline? How do you do it?

You can call people on their landlines and mobiles. You can get all the details at:

www.skype.com
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:46 pm
medusas peligrosas

Originally Posted by neil
Typical they would do that the one weekend of the year when I'm actually going to be in the UK.

But I bet it'll be grand for you to be in the UK anyways - that in itself is priceless

Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

You can call people on their landlines and mobiles. You can get all the details at:

www.skype.com
Cheers, I am signed up with skype, but have only ever used it for pc to pc calls so far...
Old Jul 12th 2006, 7:57 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

You can call people on their landlines and mobiles.[/url]

thats good, I can phone my Dad at a cheap rate (he insists on having a mobile phone only )
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Paul S
thats good, I can phone my Dad at a cheap rate (he insists on having a mobile phone only )
and usually it's sooooo expensive to call uk mobiles