Sky Tv

Old May 12th 2006, 2:28 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Tv

Originally Posted by Chrisw1968
Betfair is waaaaay too open to abuse im afraid - there are too many with "inside info" who make a killing on there.

One example that has happened is a Trainer who "knew" his horse was not going to win (intentionally) he goes on Betfair and offers better odds than everyone else - KNOWING he could not lose, all the punters go to him and he makes a killing.

Its more of a hobby from me - I just like to see the races.

www.attheraces.com offer online video streaming, but not to USA for some reason, so i would need to hide my IP address i suppose - but then again, being in iowa, I only have 56k dial up anyways!!!!!! lol
You can get good info on betfair by following the markets though. I have a few mates back home who are full time on it and seem to be doing ok - one just bought a point-to-point-er.

The racingpost now offers video higlights of racing and they're free at the moment. Unfortunately they also seem to be blocked in the US.

If you get the FSC package you'll also get TVG the US racing channel which often shows English racing - they had Cheltenham, the National and the Guineas on recently - all live.

With my comcast package FSC cost an extra $5 a month, so well worth it.
Old May 12th 2006, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Fruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Sky Tv

Not into horse racing, but I have stumbled across a few races on Setanta on DirecTV.

You can find out more here - http://www.setanta.com/portal/sport/horseracing
Old May 13th 2006, 11:55 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrisw1968
LOL whenever im talking to any Americans on the plane, they always ask where ive been - yet look pleasantly confused when I tell them! lol I think its kinda like "Gods waiting room" - im not saying its a hick kinda place, but i was wearing my denim shirt and jeans and one of my friends asked me why i was wearing a suit? LOL

Betfair is waaaaay too open to abuse im afraid - there are too many with "inside info" who make a killing on there.

One example that has happened is a Trainer who "knew" his horse was not going to win (intentionally) he goes on Betfair and offers better odds than everyone else - KNOWING he could not lose, all the punters go to him and he makes a killing.

Its more of a hobby from me - I just like to see the races.

www.attheraces.com offer online video streaming, but not to USA for some reason, so i would need to hide my IP address i suppose - but then again, being in iowa, I only have 56k dial up anyways!!!!!! lol
God you're a cheery sort. All your laughing out loud reminds me of the laughing priest from Father Ted.

LOL
Old May 13th 2006, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future

Thanks for all your replies folks - ill look into everything.

Yes, I am a cheery sort I guess - my view is that there are plenty of people worse off than me, i dont mean financially necessarily, - but i have my health and a loving relationship - what more could a guy ask for??

Apart from a games room, an escalade, a swimming pool, um ...................................... lolol
Old May 14th 2006, 3:31 pm
Owdhamer

Chrisw,

Video re-runs of Racing UK's races are available on the Racing Post website the same evening. And they aren't blocked over here - they work fine for me. It's just the live coverage that is blocked (because the TVG channel pays a premium for the live rights contract over here).

Re-runs of all races on Attheraces are available on the video from link on their website (including all Irish races) - but usually takes a few days to a week or two before races are available on their website for viewing.

So that's all the UK & Irish racing covered - SUPERB!

As mentioned earlier, TVG covers all the big UK meetings live (and occaissionally some smaller meetings) - was great being able to watch Cheltenham & the Grand National recently (I'm usually in the UK for both meetings but couldn't make it this year). By the way, I get TVG through Dish Network.

And William Hill Radio (online) is the best by far for live commentary (whenever TVG aren't covering a race/meeting I want to follow live) - always good banter from the boys in 'the shed'.

And as far as Betfair is concerned, this is their official line I found in a recent Q&A session on their website recently:

Question: Given that the World Trade Organization's Appellate Body advised the United States to bring it's federal laws governing remote gambling into conformity with it's obligations under the General Agreement on Trade in Services, effectively meaning that there will either be no internet gambling in America, or a free for all, where anyone can operate in the USA market, do you have any plans for marketing & expansion in the USA?

Betfair Answer: We do not have any such plans at the moment. The WTO ruling basically affirmed the right of the US to adopt laws preventing internet gambling so long as it did so in a non-discriminatory way. To all intenets and purposes it was a reversal of the Antigua ruling. The problem in the US is essentially the sway that the Christian right hold in Washington. [How true!] As strange as it may seem they see gambling as a sin, and notwithstanding the abundance of gambling available in Vegas, Atlantic City and virtually every Indian reservation, this is unlikely to change. Given their dominance of the "bible belt" of Southern States it would be a very brave Administration that brought about proposed laws to liberalise internet gambling. The best we can hope for, therefore, is a "don't ask, don't tell" policy, whereby the laws remain, but are not enforced. This appears to be the current situation as regards poker in particular, but is obviously unsatisfactory because this stance could change at any time. So, as I said, we have decided for now to remain out of the market.

'Land of the free'??? What a load of bollocks!!!

So, I don't ask, and I don't tell.

By the way, for what it's worth, I reckon Championship Point has an excellent each way chance in the Derby, even at the 20/1 he is still available at. Of course, if I managed to get on with a certain betting exchange at 33/1 a couple of weeks ago, with an account opened a few years ago when still living in the UK using a still active UK bank account, I couldn't tell you.

Be lucky.

Old May 14th 2006, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future

What a reply!!!!! Thanks Mate
Old May 14th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

The Pakistani guy who owns the local SUNOCO in our town tells me he has a satelite system supplied by 'Dish network' that provides all Pakistani stations and all UK stations.
If he wants the regular Dish network it will cost him extra.
Old May 14th 2006, 10:20 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
The Pakistani guy who owns the local SUNOCO in our town tells me he has a satelite system supplied by 'Dish network' that provides all Pakistani stations and all UK stations.
Is his brother Elvis ???
Old May 15th 2006, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
http://markets.ses-astra.com/market/...footprints.htm

Shows the coverage areas.

I have Dish, you may well be able to get Pakastani YV, not something I have looked for, certainly can not get any UK channels.