Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sky News now available Live on Apple TV

Sky News now available Live on Apple TV

Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:16 pm
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of
Default Sky News now available Live on Apple TV

Good news to US ex-pats, yesterday the new Apple TV update included SKY News! You only have to update your Apple TV (or buy one if you don't have one and then update it) and you will see a Sky News button on the menus, the quality is NOT BAD (slightly over compressed) but the best way so far of getting live Sky News in the USA, better than even the iPad app. I would like everyone to use it and also contact Sky and complain that the signal is over compressed, then we may have it in HD quality too eventually.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky News now available Live on Apple TV

It says something about the quality of news channels in the US that I was overjoyed to see this yesterday. When in the UK I wouldn't have touched it with the proverbial bargepole. Quality looked watchable anyway - not HD true, but close to standard definition.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

audi4t is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sky News now available Live on Apple TV

Originally Posted by megalaser
Good to US ex-pats, yesterday the new Apple TV update included SKY News! You only have to update your Apple TV (or buy one if you don't have one and then update it) and you will see a Sky News button on the menus, the quality is NOT BAD (slightly over compressed) but the best way so far of getting live Sky News in the USA, better than even the iPad app. I would like everyone to use it and also contact Sky and complain that the signal is over compressed, then we may have it in HD quality too eventually.
Thanks for the info
Old Jun 21st 2013, 5:43 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

looks like I'll be wandering to the local Apple Store to purchase one now then - that is compelling reason enough!
Old Jun 21st 2013, 11:21 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

There's an hour or two of BBC World News on BBC America early in the morning, just record it.

Or there's this: http://www.newtvworld.com/India-Live...streaming.html
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:22 am
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

If you have a Roku box you can get BBC News 24 from the UK
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:51 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drew.Dean
Really? Didnt know this.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 6:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Drew.Dean
I couldn't find BBC News 24. I looked in News & Weather and International. Which category is it under?
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 6:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the Sky News though on Apple TV. Reminds me of being on holiday in Spain or Greece when it's the only thing watchable in the hotel room.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 9:01 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

The longer you live in the states you will get less and less interested about what happens in the UK. At first I couldn't get enough news about the UK. Now after 10 years I could not care less about what happens there as it is an inconsequential little island.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 9:15 pm
Often not so civil...

Inconsequential to you perhaps, but it'll always be my home, and what happens there will always be of consequence to me.

I have no intention of 'going native' to that degree.