British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Sky News now available Live on Apple TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/sky-news-now-available-live-apple-tv-800750/)

megalaser Jun 20th 2013 4:16 pm

Sky News now available Live on Apple TV

Good news to US ex-pats, yesterday the new Apple TV update included SKY News! You only have to update your Apple TV (or buy one if you don't have one and then update it) and you will see a Sky News button on the menus, the quality is NOT BAD (slightly over compressed) but the best way so far of getting live Sky News in the USA, better than even the iPad app. I would like everyone to use it and also contact Sky and complain that the signal is over compressed, then we may have it in HD quality too eventually.

yellowroom Jun 20th 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Sky News now available Live on Apple TV

It says something about the quality of news channels in the US that I was overjoyed to see this yesterday. When in the UK I wouldn't have touched it with the proverbial bargepole. Quality looked watchable anyway - not HD true, but close to standard definition.

audi4t Jun 21st 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by megalaser (Post 10766757)
Good :)to US ex-pats, yesterday the new Apple TV update included SKY News! You only have to update your Apple TV (or buy one if you don't have one and then update it) and you will see a Sky News button on the menus, the quality is NOT BAD (slightly over compressed) but the best way so far of getting live Sky News in the USA, better than even the iPad app. I would like everyone to use it and also contact Sky and complain that the signal is over compressed, then we may have it in HD quality too eventually.

Thanks for the info :):)

civilservant Jun 21st 2013 5:43 pm

looks like I'll be wandering to the local Apple Store to purchase one now then - that is compelling reason enough!

Steve_ Jun 21st 2013 11:21 pm

There's an hour or two of BBC World News on BBC America early in the morning, just record it.

Or there's this: http://www.newtvworld.com/India-Live...streaming.html

AZ_Alba Jun 22nd 2013 5:22 am

If you have a Roku box you can get BBC News 24 from the UK

civilservant Jun 22nd 2013 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Drew.Dean (Post 10769118)

Really? Didnt know this.

scrubbedexpat027 Jun 23rd 2013 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Drew.Dean (Post 10769118)

I couldn't find BBC News 24. I looked in News & Weather and International. Which category is it under?

scrubbedexpat027 Jun 23rd 2013 6:17 am

Got the Sky News though on Apple TV. Reminds me of being on holiday in Spain or Greece when it's the only thing watchable in the hotel room.

vegas Jun 24th 2013 9:01 pm

The longer you live in the states you will get less and less interested about what happens in the UK. At first I couldn't get enough news about the UK. Now after 10 years I could not care less about what happens there as it is an inconsequential little island.

civilservant Jun 24th 2013 9:15 pm

Inconsequential to you perhaps, but it'll always be my home, and what happens there will always be of consequence to me.

I have no intention of 'going native' to that degree.