British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Sky Kennel (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/sky-kennel-747668/)

dollface Feb 7th 2012 2:08 am

Sky Kennel

WARNING !

Anyone intending to purchase any airline approved dog crate from Sky Kennel in Ontario (as approved on the Air Canada website) DONT!

I placed an order on January 5th, was advised kennel would be shipped within 5 business days. They charged my Visa $400 as I had purchased the blanket and zip ties as well as the $70 delivery charge.

Called them numerous times to see where my purchase was only to find their "mailbox was full". They have never responded to any e-mails requesting either my purchases or a credit to my visa card, even threatened them will legal action - still nothing:frown:

Called Visa today, they were very good and said they would try to contact the vendor to establish what's going on, and would credit my account with the $400 on my March statement.

Thought I'd mention it as I don't want others to be ripped off like me - I am raging:angry_smile:

Dashie Feb 7th 2012 3:05 am

Re: Sky Kennel

Thanks for the warning!

dollface Feb 7th 2012 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by dollface (Post 9887869)
WARNING !

Anyone intending to purchase any airline approved dog crate from Sky Kennel in Ontario (as approved on the Air Canada website) DONT!

I placed an order on January 5th, was advised kennel would be shipped within 5 business days. They charged my Visa $400 as I had purchased the blanket and zip ties as well as the $70 delivery charge.

Called them numerous times to see where my purchase was only to find their "mailbox was full". They have never responded to any e-mails requesting either my purchases or a credit to my visa card, even threatened them will legal action - still nothing:frown:

Called Visa today, they were very good and said they would try to contact the vendor to establish what's going on, and would credit my account with the $400 on my March statement.

Thought I'd mention it as I don't want others to be ripped off like me - I am raging:angry_smile:

To update this post :

Last night at 11.00pm I received an e-mail from Sky Kennel after threatening legal action and having had Visa on their case. Saying they were sorry that their service did not "meet MY expectations" what a nerve! they said their orders had fallen behind due to a move - they are supposed to be reimbursing my Visa within 48 hrs , we'll see!

All it would have taken was an e-mail or a phonecall in response to the many I had sent them.

I'm now looking for another supplier, any recommendations?

mimolechien May 18th 2012 2:13 am

AVOID Sky Kennel !!!! Warning !!!

Same problem happened with me. Ordered a kennel, paid, waited, and...nothing. Sent numerous E-mails, they never answered. No address available on the website, no phone mumber. Had to call Mastercard to have the transaction cancelled, lost many days during which I wanted to train my dog, and finally, I had to find another store, and almost no time to have my dog getting used to the kennel. Unbelievable lack of professionalism, totally unacceptable, evenmore so since it is Aircanada's website that directly linked me on this Sky Kennel webpage. Weird way to run a business, to say the least. Avoid at any cost !!!

PS: and this happened in May 2012 so I guess they are done with their moving...

mimolechien Jun 10th 2012 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by mimolechien (Post 10068048)
AVOID Sky Kennel !!!! Warning !!!

Same problem happened with me. Ordered a kennel, paid, waited, and...nothing. Sent numerous E-mails, they never answered. No address available on the website, no phone mumber. Had to call Mastercard to have the transaction cancelled, lost many days during which I wanted to train my dog, and finally, I had to find another store, and almost no time to have my dog getting used to the kennel. Unbelievable lack of professionalism, totally unacceptable, evenmore so since it is Aircanada's website that directly linked me on this Sky Kennel webpage. Weird way to run a business, to say the least. Avoid at any cost !!!

PS: and this happened in May 2012 so I guess they are done with their moving...

Ok, finally, I got the order, but the mattress was missing and the cage was craked (a small crack). Sky Kennel did reply, apologized, and sent money back, and did not ask to get the cage back, which was still quite usable. I would say that they made up for the problems.

dollface Jun 10th 2012 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by mimolechien (Post 10110917)
Ok, finally, I got the order, but the mattress was missing and the cage was craked (a small crack). Sky Kennel did reply, apologized, and sent money back, and did not ask to get the cage back, which was still quite usable. I would say that they made up for the problems.

Glad it worked out for you. How long did you have to wait?