Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Skin Cancer Screening

Skin Cancer Screening

Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Skin Cancer Screening

Originally Posted by Celsius
If that's an official statistic, I'd say that some people are going undiagnosed....
I would have to agree. I would imagine its probably nearer 1.5 million if truth be known
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:43 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thank you. My sister who is olive skinned used to use olive oil when she sat out in the sun. I am fair skinned and until my late 20's I used to burn, peel then go back to white. Now I tan quite easily and have to admit rarely use sunscreen....until now.
I always use a moisturiser with factor 20. Carry a little lipbalm size of sunscreen for nose and lips.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:09 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your hubby is ok Jersey and that you got it before it could spread.

Since I was a child until about 3 years ago I had a lot of mole spots on my body, including a big one that was about the size of a nickel and stuck out about a quarter of an inch. Every new Doctor I saw wanted me to have them removed but I didn't get them done until my wife persuaded me. Every one of them was benign but I have been told I need to be very carefull about getting burnt or any new growths due to my predisposition for moles.

The facts about getting burnt as a child scare me as I would regually get burnt during the summer months.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
I always use a moisturiser with factor 20. Carry a little lipbalm size of sunscreen for nose and lips.
My husband always carries the tiny sunscreen for his face too.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Glad your hubby is ok Jersey and that you got it before it could spread.

Since I was a child until about 3 years ago I had a lot of mole spots on my body, including a big one that was about the size of a nickel and stuck out about a quarter of an inch. Every new Doctor I saw wanted me to have them removed but I didn't get them done until my wife persuaded me. Every one of them was benign but I have been told I need to be very carefull about getting burnt or any new growths due to my predisposition for moles.

The facts about getting burnt as a child scare me as I would regually get burnt during the summer months.
Thanks Dan. I think most people over a certain age never used any sun screen as children. I can't remember being aware of sun lotion as a child or perhaps it was just a luxury we couldn't afford then...we know differently now. My husband and I often say when we were kids you hadn't had a good day out in summer unless you were burnt by bedtime. :scared:
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thanks Dan. I think most people over a certain age never used any sun screen as children. I can't remember being aware of sun lotion as a child or perhaps it was just a luxury we couldn't afford then...we know differently now. My husband and I often say when we were kids you hadn't had a good day out in summer unless you were burnt by bedtime. :scared:
This reminded me of a day at the coast when I was a child, I was so burnt I had to sleep in one of my dads cotton shirts and my "polyester"nightie rubbed so much, we thought we'd had a really good day as the sun obviously shone :scared: