Reload this Page >

Skiing in Colorado

Skiing in Colorado

Old Jan 8th 2018, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Brandy07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skiing in Colorado

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Unlike the UK there are (sadly)very few package tour operators in the US.

The only one I can think of which has a (limited choice) of US and overseas ski packages is Apple Vacations. Even Costco Travel doesn’t offer ski vacations.

All-Inclusive Vacations | America’s #1 Tour Operator | Apple Vacations

This UK website is very interesting as it is a broker for all the big UK ski travel operators (including Mark Warner) and I’ve heard that they do amazing discounts on last minute travel....it is quite possible that they could easily put something together for you but in any case they have short videos and piste maps of the major ski destinations in North America, Europe and Japan, with info on the amenities at the ski resorts:

Www.igluski.com

Hope this helps!
Thank you!! All info is helpful! There’s just so many resorts to choose from! The hardest part is working out where to go! I’ll look at these links
Old Jan 8th 2018, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BenK91
Certainly wouldn’t make it the centerpiece of my trip but for kids and a day trip to Boulder it certainly could be worth a look.
Thanks. I’ll look at this too
Old Jan 8th 2018, 3:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I did a quick google and here are a few: (Did you try Travelocity or Expedia)

Ski The Rockies | Breckenridge Ski Lodging | Colorado Vacation ...
Ski The Rockies | Breckenridge Ski Lodging | Colorado Vacation Package

Ski the Rockies offers great prices for ski lodging & more in Colorado, Utah, & The Rockies. View packages for top resorts Breckenridge and Park City today!

Colorado Ski Packages | Colorado Ski Vacations - Powderhounds
Powderhounds; in search of the best powder ski holidays › USA

Most of the Colorado ski resorts are fabulous because they have world class facilities and great snow. To narrow down your search, we've provided an overview of each resort below. Also check out our best ski resorts in Colorado page. Our travel agent partners can provide all inclusive Colorado ski packages for the ...

Ski Vacation Travel Agent in Rowlett, Snow Skiing Vacation Packages
intellijaunt.com/ski-vacation-packages/

Ski Vacations. Ski Trip Travel Agent in Rowlett Texas Aspen Colorado Snowmass ski specials. Snow Skiing Vacation Packages. We can help you get great deals on ski trips and vacations to all of the popular snow skiing resorts and destinations, along with giving great personal service to go over each and every detail.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:50 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of other things to be aware of is that US ski resorts tend to be a lot smaller than the more famous French resorts, and not all have an attached town. That latter aspect will narrow things down quickly if you want something more resembling a typical ski week in the Alps.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
I did a quick google and here are a few: (Did you try Travelocity or Expedia)

Ski The Rockies | Breckenridge Ski Lodging | Colorado Vacation ...
Ski The Rockies | Breckenridge Ski Lodging | Colorado Vacation Package

Ski the Rockies offers great prices for ski lodging & more in Colorado, Utah, & The Rockies. View packages for top resorts Breckenridge and Park City today!

Colorado Ski Packages | Colorado Ski Vacations - Powderhounds
Powderhounds; in search of the best powder ski holidays › USA

Most of the Colorado ski resorts are fabulous because they have world class facilities and great snow. To narrow down your search, we've provided an overview of each resort below. Also check out our best ski resorts in Colorado page. Our travel agent partners can provide all inclusive Colorado ski packages for the ...

Ski Vacation Travel Agent in Rowlett, Snow Skiing Vacation Packages
intellijaunt.com/ski-vacation-packages/

Ski Vacations. Ski Trip Travel Agent in Rowlett Texas Aspen Colorado Snowmass ski specials. Snow Skiing Vacation Packages. We can help you get great deals on ski trips and vacations to all of the popular snow skiing resorts and destinations, along with giving great personal service to go over each and every detail.
This is great thank you!!!
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
A couple of other things to be aware of is that US ski resorts tend to be a lot smaller than the more famous French resorts, and not all have an attached town. That latter aspect will narrow things down quickly if you want something more resembling a typical ski week in the Alps.
We go to a fairly small resort in France as my in laws have a part share chalet there. Not been to a big resort in France for quite a few years now. We want somewhere that has a good mix of beginner and intermediate slopes (and of course good snow!). We don’t mind about not being a busy town as long as there’s a shop and a couple of places nearby to eat out a couple of times.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Really don't think you'll go wrong with Steamboat.

Great snow and it's a fantastic place. I'm about a 3hr drive away in the Denver-metro area and even the drive up there is beautiful.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

I did quite a bit of skiing in Europe before moving here, and have skied a couple of times in the US. Unfortunately, my wife's knees don't do well with skiing, so it's unlikely I will be back again soon. Some things to consider:
- Ski-in / ski-out is less common than in Europe, though can be found in quite a few of the bigger resorts.
- Connected to that, the difference is not about walking to the snow access - most people drive between their accommodation and the snow every day. This naturally means that each resort tends to be more spread out, and traffic in and out of the resorts themselves can be worse than in Europe. The upside of this is that you can easily drive to sample several nearby resorts during a single vacation.
- Packages are less common. Both times I've skied in the US, we've booked each aspect separately.
- So far, this doesn't seem like a good snow year for the US. Depending on how reliable the resort is that you're considering, you might consider waiting to see how the snowpack builds up before actually booking.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:39 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I like to ski at Keystone. It has night skiing through til 8 or 9pm.
It's floodlit and quite the experience.

Next door is Arapahoe Basin, and Breckenridge. Passes are interchangeable at these resorts. Start the day at Breck and finish the night at Keystone.

A-Basin is a chill-out locals place. Plus the highest live served terrain in North America. Expect to see people grilling out and dogs running around at the bottom of the slopes.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Assuming you’re in the US. A very low snow year so far in the west, so you might leave it until the last minute unless you find a screaming package deal. They do exist, but they’re not as common as they are for the Alps.

IMHO, Utah is a better deal for what you seem to be looking for. Not sure if they still exist, but there used to be package deals that covered Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons at very reasonable rates, allowing you to choose which of seven resorts you wanted to be at on a day to day basis.
Some stats in this article about lack of snow in the west compared top normal:

https://www.curbed.com/2018/1/8/1686...r-snow-drought
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

48F today, like spring skiing.

Copper is more north facing.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

cjdrum is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure, personally, that any of the Colorado resorts can, on their own, support a week's holiday in the same way that some of the huge European resorts can. I would base myself in between the big resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek and Breckenridge and then ski wherever takes your fancy on a given day. All are within striking distance if you stay up in Dillon or Frisco. You could also head out from there to Winter Park, Keystone or A-Basin if you wanted.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjdrum
I'm not sure, personally, that any of the Colorado resorts can, on their own, support a week's holiday in the same way that some of the huge European resorts can. I would base myself in between the big resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek and Breckenridge and then ski wherever takes your fancy on a given day. All are within striking distance if you stay up in Dillon or Frisco. You could also head out from there to Winter Park, Keystone or A-Basin if you wanted.
I would imagine you could spend a month in Summit and never do the same trail twice.

I thought most of the Euro resorts are low level, I see many people who do not quite realise what altitude can do to you.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Copper is more north facing.
Meh, sun is so high in Colorado even in winter, does it even matter?
Old Jan 9th 2018, 10:55 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

We've been to Taos NM for the last 4 years. We are all good to excellent skiiers and find 5 days there is great. It's not very beginner friendly and has some excellent off piste stuff. Anyway, this year, we're trying out Telluride. Not until March though which is when my kids have spring break.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.