Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Six Nations Rugby

Six Nations Rugby

Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

truebrits is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Six Nations Rugby

Does anyone out there know how I can get rugby online? Last season I had to make do with the play-by-play that the telegraph provided. I was hopng that this season there might be some way that I could stream it. FSC has had some rugby in the past, but it doesn't look like there'll be any Six Nations. Another item to add to my list of things I don't like over here!
Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:57 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Six Nations Rugby

Originally Posted by truebrits
Does anyone out there know how I can get rugby online? Last season I had to make do with the play-by-play that the telegraph provided. I was hopng that this season there might be some way that I could stream it. FSC has had some rugby in the past, but it doesn't look like there'll be any Six Nations. Another item to add to my list of things I don't like over here!

Sounds like a job for uknova
bittorrent is the way to go, and Bob is the guy to tell you how
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:03 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

You could just fork out for Setanta Sports, who seem top be showing all of the rugby these days.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:24 pm

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

Does anyone out there know how I can get rugby online?
Try Setanta - $9.99 a game on broadband.

I don't know what area your in but they also broadcast to pubs. Here they charge $20 cover fee to get in the pub though :scared:
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:26 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fitz750
Try Setanta - $9.99 a game on broadband.

I don't know what area your in but they also broadcast to pubs. Here they charge $20 cover fee to get in the pub though :scared:
Fitz do you know how that chrage works ??
Do setanta actually send people to the pubs to collect it - last time i went for footie they told me they were charging but then didn't bother taking cash from anyone.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:38 pm

Fitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to allFitz750 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Fitz do you know how that chrage works ??
I'm sure it's a scam but you have no choice, you pay on the door or don't get in. The Setanta site states $100 a month for pubs/clubs.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:47 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fitz750
I'm sure it's a scam but you have no choice, you pay on the door or don't get in. The Setanta site states $100 a month for pubs/clubs.
Yep - that's what I was thinking.
Any pubs round here charge $10 for the footie and $20 for the rugby, but i've never paid yet.

Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Yep - that's what I was thinking.
Any pubs round here charge $10 for the footie and $20 for the rugby, but i've never paid yet.

Thanks

pretty sure you can get it on Direct TV (maybe others) for 15 bux a month?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:46 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Big D
pretty sure you can get it on Direct TV (maybe others) for 15 bux a month?
I think the rugby is ppv though
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Sounds like a job for uknova
bittorrent is the way to go, and Bob is the guy to tell you how
Hehe...aye, indeed...well that streaming pplive thingy, they might have a few channels, who knows...but if you don't want to pay, torrent is the way to go, there's a few torrent sites that do a lot of sport out there...and how to do it, well I cant' be arsed to explain it again, a search should find it pretty easy enough
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:07 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.setanta.com/usa
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

truebrits is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the Setanta links, I never realised they were out there. I have bitorrent as I use uknova ( we need our Shameless fix!), so I'll hunt around for that. I haven't seen any pubs advertising it, as I live in lower Delaware and they don't really know what rugby is. Thanks again for all the info.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:43 pm
Thinking about it

Thanks for the Setanta links, I never realised they were out there. I have bitorrent as I use uknova ( we need our Shameless fix!), so I'll hunt around for that. I haven't seen any pubs advertising it, as I live in lower Delaware and they don't really know what rugby is. Thanks again for all the info.
I'm sure any pub that shows footie would show it if you asked them.
Might just be you be yourself though which prob wouldn't be the greatest laugh ever
Old Feb 1st 2006, 5:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the colleges and college bars, because I thought the colleges down there were into Rugby...
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:06 pm
Thinking about it

Well, anyone going to pay the robbing gits $20 to watch this tomorrow ??
I'm toying with the idea of getting the broadband option at home. Not paying $20 on top of 5 hours worth of beer and food.
Shame

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.