British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Simple Question would you if you could!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/simple-question-would-you-if-you-could-550649/)

Poppy girl Jul 22nd 2008 2:32 pm

Simple Question would you if you could!!

There is always so much debate about the likes and dislikes of the US... Many of us like it here, others want to go home so I would love to see just out of pure curiousity what option would you take!

Go!

Stay for now until you retire!

Never return to your homeland!

One day return to your roots maybe!

Edit due to good point by NC Penguin...its a personal choice for you to make and no financial worries it would be as easy as packing your bags WOULD YOU!!

sambapink Jul 22nd 2008 2:37 pm

Re: Simple Question would you if you could!!

Could we have a 'still undecided' category.. :p

Poppy girl Jul 22nd 2008 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by sambapink (Post 6600390)
Could we have a 'still undecided' category.. :p

Have another vino woman lol...

Your staying ;)

sambapink Jul 22nd 2008 2:40 pm

Ignore me .. I guess thats number 4 .. kinda... and thats what i'll tick.. However, tomoro could be a different answer.. and there in lies my dilemma!! :lol:

NC Penguin Jul 22nd 2008 2:45 pm

When? Right now?

It all really depends on one's circumstances (e.g. financial, personal, professional) and if one has kids. Returning to the UK is not as easy as it sounds 'cos if you've been living abroad for say, at least a couple of years, I'd think you'd find the country has changed and you return expecting the UK to be much the same as when you left it.

Poppy girl Jul 22nd 2008 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin (Post 6600398)
When? Right now?

It all really depends on one's circumstances (e.g. financial, personal, professional) and if one has kids. Returning to the UK is not as easy as it sounds 'cos if you've been living abroad for say, at least a couple of years, I'd think you'd find the country has changed and you return expecting the UK to be much the same as when you left it.

Yes I mean now...

Lets say there were no circumstances and it was your personal choice and nothing prohibiting you from going back.

Poppy girl Jul 22nd 2008 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin (Post 6600398)
When? Right now?

lol there's plenty of folk on here so its seems would be on the next flight to Gatwick given the chance :D

Jerseygirl Jul 22nd 2008 2:52 pm

For me it would be ideal to have a foot in both countries...something I'm currently working on. :thumbsup:

Poppy girl Jul 22nd 2008 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 6600409)
For me it would be ideal to have a foot in both countries...something I'm currently working on. :thumbsup:

I guess I feel the same about Australia and the US :)

surly Jul 22nd 2008 2:56 pm

I would never say never, but things would have to get very dire here for me to ever consider returning to the UK. So put me in the never column.
As of right now there is nothing to make me considering going back.

scrubbedexpat099 Jul 22nd 2008 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 6600409)

Me too.

nethead Jul 22nd 2008 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 6600445)
Me too.

Me three. (so I didn't vote.)

sime303 Jul 22nd 2008 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 6600506)
Me three. (so I didn't vote.)

I'm joining the didn't vote club too, although I am too lazy to file my N400

Emma M Jul 22nd 2008 11:13 pm

Not long now! :thumbsup: I'm more excited about going home than I was about coming here in the first place. I hope no other decision pulls me in both directions to this degree ever again. I learned my lesson.

Pharrya Jul 22nd 2008 11:56 pm

Put myself in the "one day maybe". I've no overwhelming desire or plans to return to the UK, but in 10 years time - who knows?