British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Silly question I know (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/silly-question-i-know-906820/)

raceman Dec 12th 2017 10:25 pm

Silly question I know

I have been here for 5 years now, and CRAVE Birds Eye fingers!! There was a company in CA that was shipping them, but I never got around to ordering any.

Does anyone know where I can get Birds Eye Cod fishfingers in AZ, or shipped to AZ?

Many thanks in advance

Octang Frye Dec 12th 2017 10:31 pm

Re: Silly question I know

Now I'm craving them too.

raceman Dec 12th 2017 11:00 pm

What I wouldn't give for a Fish Finger sarnie

petitefrancaise Dec 12th 2017 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by raceman (Post 12398773)
What I wouldn't give for a Fish Finger sarnie

with ketchup!

KK85 Dec 13th 2017 1:02 am

Ooooh, I bloody love a fish finger. There's a lot to be said for the Bird's Eye battered ones, too, in a sandwich made with thickly sliced, fresh, crusty white bread. :flirtyeyes:

No idea where you can get them from, though, sorry! I hope a hero swings by here to save the day.

kateinbrooklyn Dec 13th 2017 2:21 am

If you have one near you, Trader Joe's fish sticks aren't that dissimilar. Or maybe it's just been too long since I've had a real fish finger.

Jerseygirl Dec 13th 2017 2:26 am

Originally Posted by kateinbrooklyn (Post 12398835)
If you have one near you, Trader Joe's fish sticks aren't that dissimilar. Or maybe it's just been too long since I've had a real fish finger.

Are they ‘cod’ fish fingers? ASFAIK most sold in the US contain ‘fish’...not just cod.

Maste Dec 13th 2017 4:08 am

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12398787)
with ketchup!

Doorstop bread, double layer of fish fingers, smothered in ketchup. Dinner of the gods!

flbrit59 Dec 13th 2017 5:17 am

Originally Posted by raceman (Post 12398749)
I have been here for 5 years now, and CRAVE Birds Eye fingers!! There was a company in CA that was shipping them, but I never got around to ordering any.

Does anyone know where I can get Birds Eye Cod fishfingers in AZ, or shipped to AZ?

Many thanks in advance

This place in Marietta,GA has them, l saw them in there when l was last there. They have them listed on their website at $11.99 for a pack of 10
The Corner Shop British Groceries and Gifts, Marietta, GA

christmasoompa Dec 13th 2017 6:34 am

Oh good grief. You've all been turned to the dark side living in the US......ketchup on a fish finger sarnie? Tsk.

Although maybe you can't get tartare sauce there either, so I'll let you off. :D

Maste Dec 13th 2017 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12398899)
Oh good grief. You've all been turned to the dark side living in the US......ketchup on a fish finger sarnie? Tsk.

Although maybe you can't get tartare sauce there either, so I'll let you off. :D

Tartae sauce on a fish finger sandwich?

GET OUT OF HERE! :blink:

Rete Dec 13th 2017 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12398899)

Hey, this isn't a Yank problem. KK85 and Maste are brand new to the US. Can't say the same for the others :rofl:

Mrs. Paul's and Groton's fish sticks (not fingers) aren't made with mashed potatoes with the cod or Pollock. Usually US fish cakes are however.

christmasoompa Dec 13th 2017 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Maste (Post 12399035)
Tartae sauce on a fish finger sandwich?

GET OUT OF HERE! :blink:

Find me a pub menu with fish finger sarnies on it that has ketchup instead of tartare sauce...........betcha you can't. :lol:

Rete Dec 13th 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12399074)
Find me a pub menu with fish finger sarnies on it that has ketchup instead of tartare sauce...........betcha you can't. :lol:

In the UK they put your condiments on your sandwiches opps sarnies when you order?

Maste Dec 13th 2017 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12399074)

Any pub I've been to call it a 'posh fish finger sandwich'. AKA, not the real deal! :nod:

They also put it in a sauce pot, because they know people are gonna reach for the ketchup bottle on the table :thumbsup: