Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Signs of Fall* and Impending Winter

Signs of Fall* and Impending Winter

Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:35 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Signs of Fall* and Impending Winter

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Ahhh hello Mr OP, we're not hijacking the thread....honestly
No, because that's a summer activity.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:35 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Nighttime temps in the 70's not the 80's
Don't you ever get bored with the incessantly nice weather, the sunshine, the balmy nights and the half naked women on the streets?
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Don't you ever get bored with the incessantly nice weather, the sunshine, the balmy nights and the half naked woman on the streets?
Well there is a certain tedium I suppose....I'll let you know when I've had enough.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

The changing of shorts into pants to walk the dog in the morning. And being able to open the windows for the first time since may/june.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
* or whatever.

... yellow aspens and cottonwoods.
... snow in the mountains.
... no watering the yard.
... no more filling the hummingbird feeder.
... using both AC and heat in the car.
... a slight decrease in the number of tourists and / or Texans.

... and best of all, cleaning out all the black widows from the garage. Five of them this time round.

I enjoy these winters slightly more than driving an ice pick through my eye.....

please don't remind me it's on the way
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:30 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

The clothes stores are filled with winter woolies while all you want is a new t-shirt
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:30 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
I enjoy these winters slightly more than driving an ice pick through my eye.....

please don't remind me it's on the way
Winters on it's way....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:33 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Winters on it's way....
Sadist!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:39 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
The clothes stores are filled with winter woolies while all you want is a new t-shirt
winter wollies....hmmm nope. Just slightly thicker T-shirts for us im afraid.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:41 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
* or whatever.

... and best of all, cleaning out all the black widows from the garage. Five of them this time round.
Dead or alive - ? :scared: I've never worked out when they are most active - we had two in the garage about 4 weeks ago (big bastards as well) but seen none since - I've got to the point where I'm gonna live in peace with them - they're too hard to catch and nothing but stamping seems to kill em'
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:47 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
winter wollies....hmmm nope. Just slightly thicker T-shirts for us im afraid.
have you been to the store lately?...I've lived here and Louisiana and no fail they stock the stores up with all kinds of jumpers/sweaters etc....all I want is another summer top!! it's insane I think I even missed the End of Summer Sales...
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Winter? What's that? Is it where I roll down the windows instead of running the AC at full blast?
Back Again

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Dead or alive - ? :scared: I've never worked out when they are most active - we had two in the garage about 4 weeks ago (big bastards as well) but seen none since - I've got to the point where I'm gonna live in peace with them - they're too hard to catch and nothing but stamping seems to kill em'
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Winter? What's that? Is it where I roll down the windows instead of running the AC at full blast?
Oh not you as well
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:06 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Early mornings and evenings in the 50s and having to remove condensation on the outside of windows of the car in the morning before driving to work.

Apparently, fall is behind this year and the leaves have barely started to change color in the mountains in the west of the state.

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.