Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

<<<sigh>>> washing-machine recommendations - please!!...

<<<sigh>>> washing-machine recommendations - please!!...

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:32 am
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation <<<sigh>>> washing-machine recommendations - please!!...

Okay, so the blasted thing has packed in.

Already spent over $100 to have it 'repaired', which lasted - in a fashion - for a couple of months.

It's only 5 years old FFS!!!

RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!!!

Obviously I'll only consider a front-loader (no dirty jokes please! )

Thanks!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: <<<sigh>>> washing-machine recommendations - please!!...

Do you not have a home warranty for your electronics and such? If you do, give them a call and you'll just pay your call out fee and if it can't be fixed they should replace.

Other than that, I have a whirlpool, it's never given me any trouble in over six years (watch, now it won't work tomorrow ) although I do like the look of the new Cabrio's I think they're called.

Good luck with getting a new one.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:27 am
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit View Post
Do you not have a home warranty for your electronics and such? If you do, give them a call and you'll just pay your call out fee and if it can't be fixed they should replace.

Other than that, I have a whirlpool, it's never given me any trouble in over six years (watch, now it won't work tomorrow ) although I do like the look of the new Cabrio's I think they're called.

Good luck with getting a new one.
"home warranty for your electronics and such" - what's that??
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Call Sears...don't know if they repair all brands...mine's Maytag. They will offer you a 12 mth contract....it's probably gonna be less than the repair.

1 800 4 MY HOME
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

PM'ed you some details.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:40 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

They only last 5 yrs now.

I've got a bog standard Maytag stacked washer and dryer - seems ok.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:43 am
The Duchess of Putney

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Call Sears...don't know if they repair all brands...mine's Maytag. They will offer you a 12 mth contract....it's probably gonna be less than the repair.

1 800 4 MY HOME
The one I have is from Sears. They've already 'repaired; it once.

I'm sure this one is a gonner. The drum doesn't turn at all, and of course it won't spin.

Just what I need
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally View Post
They only last 5 yrs now.

I've got a bog standard Maytag stacked washer and dryer - seems ok.
I have a Maytag front loader and dryer...both 8 1/2 yrs old. Still OK but I have had Sears out to the washer 3 times.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elvira View Post

I'm sure this one is a gonner. The drum doesn't turn at all, and of course it won't spin.

Just what I need
Doesn't matter call them...they will offer you the 12 mth contract...if they can't repair it they'll give you a big chunk towards a new one.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Doesn't matter call them...they will offer you the 12 mth contract...if they can't repair it they'll give you a big chunk towards a new one.
Then if you need a new one...shop around for the cheapest price and Sears will match it. They don't even check if the price you're telling them is correct.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Just what I need
I had that problem with mine...the drum wouldn't go round.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:47 am
The Duchess of Putney

Okay, but WHICH new one?

In the UK I'd just pop down to Peter Jones and the nice assistant would be ever so helpful and they'd deliver the next day, and they give you free warranty for what seems like forever. Here I'm just lost.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Okay, but WHICH new one?

In the UK I'd just pop down to Peter Jones and the nice assistant would be ever so helpful and they'd deliver the next day, and they give you free warranty for what seems like forever. Here I'm just lost.
I bet they can repair the one you've got. If I remember correctly they just repaired a circuit board and it worked perfectly.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

If you need a new one get a front loader....they are much better. I believe you can get them with water heaters now.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:53 am
The Duchess of Putney

If you need a new one get a front loader....they are much better. I believe you can get them with water heaters now.
Yes, dear. See my first post...

But which one?? There seem to be about a hundred different models, and some are nearly two grand!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.