Sidewalks

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sidewalks

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Cindy is back....and how!
Old Nov 28th 2012, 12:33 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

I still call them pavements.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 1:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
I still call them pavements.
See that's where you are going wrong. You'll never make friends if you go around using words like that mate

Old Nov 28th 2012, 1:36 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
See that's where you are going wrong. You'll never make friends if you go around using words like that mate

And god forbid, I say "pudding", "lift" or "bollocks to you wankers, I'm going to go and get the post" (that one always confuses them, but the beauty is that I can still get away with saying it).
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno about the rest of the country but here in Noo Yawk and it's 'burbs there's a definite "keep right" rule which most people follow. I love it, and it really annoys me now when I go back to London where people meander.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 2:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sin715
It's not just in North America, I walk to and from work each day and trust me the streets of Glasgow are FULL of people who have the inability to walk properly!
That's 'cos most of them are pissed.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
It's because they are all looking at their bloody mobile phones. I almost smacked a few people round the head in the grocery store on Wednesday. Honestly look where you are going. Also people walking up the middle of the car park lanes, no don't move on behalf of the 1 1/2 ton vehicle behind you
Wow, I didn't think that the general Texan bought vehicles that small!

A base F-150 is nearly 2.5 tons with just fuel etc on-board
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:08 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Do people in North America actually know how to walk in a straight line? Whenever I'm on a sidewalk people seem to meander about all over the place and bump into you.
Its the surprise that there is a sidewalk, they are all used to following the wiggly line that forms between rough road edge and muddy fringe between road and the manicured lawn.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:17 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rallybug
Wow, I didn't think that the general Texan bought vehicles that small!

A base F-150 is nearly 2.5 tons with just fuel etc on-board
True but I drive a VW Bug