Sidewalks

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 4:23 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sidewalks

I just thought about this reading Alan's comments in the Canada section about people driving in parallel.

Do people in North America actually know how to walk in a straight line? Whenever I'm on a sidewalk people seem to meander about all over the place and bump into you. Plus I've lost count of the times that people walk out into the road and just stand there gawking at you as you drive towards them.

It's not such a problem in Calgary because it's colder (but OMG drivers in Alberta are appallingly bad). But in the US I just feel like I should stop pedestrians and explain to them how to walk.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:19 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sidewalks

Originally Posted by Steve_
I just thought about this reading Alan's comments in the Canada section about people driving in parallel.

Do people in North America actually know how to walk in a straight line? Whenever I'm on a sidewalk people seem to meander about all over the place and bump into you. Plus I've lost count of the times that people walk out into the road and just stand there gawking at you as you drive towards them.

It's not such a problem in Calgary because it's colder (but OMG drivers in Alberta are appallingly bad). But in the US I just feel like I should stop pedestrians and explain to them how to walk.
If you try and stop me and explain to me how to walk, I shall walk up and over you and do a tap dance on your tonsils.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
If you try and stop me and explain to me how to walk, I shall walk up and over you and do a tap dance on your tonsils.
I must remember that one
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:41 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
I must remember that one
or as an alternative, one may walk up to another, rip off their lips and beat them with said lips.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

or as an alternative, one may walk up to another, rip off their lips and beat them with said lips.

Cindy is back....and how!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:33 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

It's because they are all looking at their bloody mobile phones. I almost smacked a few people round the head in the grocery store on Wednesday. Honestly look where you are going. Also people walking up the middle of the car park lanes, no don't move on behalf of the 1 1/2 ton vehicle behind you

And is is just Texas or do pedestrians everywhere walk out in front of you without even lifting their heads arghhhh....
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:53 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
It's because they are all looking at their bloody mobile phones. I almost smacked a few people round the head in the grocery store on Wednesday. Honestly look where you are going. Also people walking up the middle of the car park lanes, no don't move on behalf of the 1 1/2 ton vehicle behind you

And is is just Texas or do pedestrians everywhere walk out in front of you without even lifting their heads arghhhh....
I do get a bit of pleasure watching someone engrossed in their phone walk into things like lamposts.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
Attached Thumbnails Sidewalks-phone-friends.jpg  
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:13 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

I do get a bit of pleasure watching someone engrossed in their phone walk into things like lamposts.
I think I will start walking alongside them in the grocery store and join in their conversations
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Sin715 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not just in North America, I walk to and from work each day and trust me the streets of Glasgow are FULL of people who have the inability to walk properly!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:15 pm
Chocoholic !

I think I will start walking alongside them in the grocery store and join in their conversations
Actually the worst ones are the stealth users who I am usually already having a conversation with when I see their ear piece
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sin715
It's not just in North America, I walk to and from work each day and trust me the streets of Glasgow are FULL of people who have the inability to walk properly!
I am near Glasgow and can confirm this is true :-)
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:12 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

It's because they are all looking at their bloody mobile phones.
Actually I find people use their phones as a safety blanket, I was walking behind someone on the sidewalk yesterday and as I got closer (because she was meandering all over the place so I caught up easily) she looked over her shoulder, made a phone call, then as soon as I was ten feet past her, hung up.

Dearie me. I'd worry more about my beating you to death with your phone to stop you from getting in my way, more than worrying about telling whoever you just called that I was beating you to death. The former is a much more likely prospect.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

I've posted a variant of this before but it's good enough (for me at least) to post again:
http://www.funnyfunnyjokes.org/2011/...tremely-funny/
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.