Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day on Tues 5th Feb!

Wikiposts

Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day on Tues 5th Feb!

Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:28 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day on Tues 5th Feb!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Did you toss them?

I too just had sugar and lemon juice on mine. Actually I only got to eat one....my son kept asking for more and I didn't want to make up extra batter mix just pour moi...

I was very proud of myself that I tossed all of mine and they flipped over perfectly instead of ending up on the floor.
Yup tossed and everything. They were the first mostly edible pancakes I have made for a long time. Got loads of mix left over, can you freeze it? think might try and make toad in the hole some day (if I can get proper sausages)
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours.. yum!
We got a whole array of toppings out, but stuck with fresh lemon juice and sugar. mmmmmm They were wonderful!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:01 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day on Tues 5th Feb!

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Yup tossed and everything. They were the first mostly edible pancakes I have made for a long time. Got loads of mix left over, can you freeze it? think might try and make toad in the hole some day (if I can get proper sausages)
I don't think you can freeze the batter as it contains a raw egg. I do know that you can freeze cooked pancakes, but you would need to seperate them with greaseproof paper (think it's called waxed paper here).

Good idea about Toad in the Hole! Do you have a Wholefoods near you? They sell their own fresh pork sausages.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:08 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I don't think you can freeze the batter as it contains a raw egg. I do know that you can freeze cooked pancakes, but you would need to seperate them with greaseproof paper (think it's called waxed paper here).

Good idea about Toad in the Hole! Do you have a Wholefoods near you? They sell their own fresh pork sausages.
thats a point. i will chuck it. will also check out about the Wholefoods sausage tip. how do they compare?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

We had pancakes too yesterday. My main motivation was that I was being lazy and couldn't be bothered organizing a proper tea so thought what the heck seeing as it's pancake Tuesday n all that. Lovely they were, like most of you we had them with lemon juice and sugar.
My oldest had strawberry syrup on his.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

We also enjoyed our pancakes with lemon and sugar and golden syrup, yum yum! My eldest went into pre-school asking everyone if they were having pancakes for dinner seeing as it was pancake day, all his friends looked very confused and said that they had them for breakfast every morning! What is wrong with good old weetabix or porridge?