Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) 8th of March!

Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) 8th of March!

Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:31 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) 8th of March!

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad View Post
You're all talking like you're limited to one!

First one - lemon and sugar
Second one - golden syrup
Third one - strawberry jam

Repeat

4th one- strawberry jam with vanilla ice-cream
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:46 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

What about Nutella, gotta leave room for that.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
Well thats a good idea. Mmmmm.
OK I have the batter made and in the fridge and picked up a lemon. Dinner about done
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

We just went with the American pancakes for lunch....but used some cinnamon and caramel chips in them, which were nice. The little one loves them that way anyway, with lashings of maple syrup.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

RickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really niceRickWG is just really nice

Anyone else find it a coincidence that on International Womens Day most women will be in the kitchen making pancakes?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:10 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

And what do you have to do if she's not in the kitchen making pancakes?

Spoiler:
shorten her chain so she can't get out again....boom boom
Aaah...the old ones are the best. And theres always an exception to the rule....

Actually, as usual, I made the pancakes again this year. With a Chinese American wife its too too risky to leave it up to her.....they'll either come out with eggs and bacon, or else wrapped round a bit of frazzled duck with plum sauce....both of which are perfectly acceptable in the right place and time, but not today! And anyway, she's back in the UK (again) stocking up on Heinz puddings and ambrosia custard.....and from the look of the credit card bill, theres gonna be some excess baggage to pay for on the way home!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:11 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
4th one- strawberry jam with vanilla ice-cream
Hmm, we were short on ice cream, but squirty cream made an acceptable substitution.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
You've been here too long - next you're gonna be telling us to stuff 'em with PBJ!!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Just made a load with lemon and sugar
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:54 am

Had some earlier with the kids, and the leftover batter was just sitting there, looking at me. So I've just finished it off. Feel sick now. Going to bed!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 12:06 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Had some earlier with the kids, and the leftover batter was just sitting there, looking at me. So I've just finished it off. Feel sick now. Going to bed!

Ahmmmmm, some extra miles riding on the bike needed this week now matey
Old Mar 9th 2011, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

My husband is not a fan of English style pancakes (his loss) so I made a batch and ate them all myself. Heaven. With lemon juice and sugar of course.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Ahmmmmm, some extra miles riding on the bike needed this week now matey
Doesn't work like that though...I tend to "pay it forward".....you see the excuse for the extra pancakes last night was that I'd earned it by doing a long ride in the wind on Monday. Which may also be an excuse for a 9ers burger at lunchtime today....I can pay it a looooong way forward!!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:21 pm

Doesn't work like that though...I tend to "pay it forward".....you see the excuse for the extra pancakes last night was that I'd earned it by doing a long ride in the wind on Monday. Which may also be an excuse for a 9ers burger at lunchtime today....I can pay it a looooong way forward!!
That's cheating!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:29 am

Missed my burger today so my Monday ride owes me a curry tomorrow!

Got to get it while I can - the missus is back from the UK at the weekend and then it'll be rabbit food all round.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.