Shrek 2

Old May 26th 2004, 7:22 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

It was great. My wife and I were in stitches at the hairball moment (cat lovers).

very funny, very good movie. And our matinee cost us $4.75 each.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Yeah I knew i'd seen him somewhere before.
But then it also took me 30 mins to get that the dad was John Cleese.

Was anyone sitting there thinking "who's the fairy god mother?"
I went through every BBC news and TV presenter...decided after an hour it was Joanna Lumley ...then it came to me it was Jennifer Saunders.
I was the same, I was thinking it was Jonna Lumley for ages too.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:55 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen it yet - we're going this weekend. Don't usually like kid movies but I LOVED SHREK and am looking forward to the sequel.

Hi Scrumptious! Greetings, Patrick!

-=-
Scarlett
Old May 26th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by adeshell
Thought it was great.

I have one problem - at the start it took them days to get to 'Far Away land'. They left Pinocchio and the Gingerbread man and all those types at the swamp. Later in the movie those types are at the swamp watching them on 'Knights' on the 'TV'. Minutes later, they show up to rescue them from the dungeon. How in the heck did they get there so fast...?

It is a fairy tale cartoon, they got there through magic lol. Either that or Shrek & FIona went by Virgin Coaches.
Old May 26th 2004, 9:04 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
It is a fairy tale cartoon, they got there through magic lol. Either that or Shrek & FIona went by Virgin Coaches.
I know. I'm just being the annoying busybody who points out errors in films
Old May 27th 2004, 1:45 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

it was bloody hilarious it was!!!

I liked the first one, but there was 3 or maybe 4 times my wife was telling me to shut up, I was laughing so hard with this sequel!!!!!!

puss n Boots eyes! lol

maaaaaaaaaaaaan

roll on shrek 3
Old May 27th 2004, 5:18 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I must of missed something, didn't find it at all entertaining, unless you have a sense of humor of a 5 year old, or a mentality like Patrick!

Thumbs down!
Old May 28th 2004, 6:27 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Thought it was great.

I have one problem - at the start it took them days to get to 'Far Away land'. They left Pinocchio and the Gingerbread man and all those types at the swamp. Later in the movie those types are at the swamp watching them on 'Knights' on the 'TV'. Minutes later, they show up to rescue them from the dungeon. How in the heck did they get there so fast...?

Come to think of it, he DID look like Gordon Brown...

The gingerbread man is actually the fastest of all the fairytale characters. You may remember the line from the fairytale," Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man". This line was also quoted by Lord Farquaad in the first movie while the gingerbreadman was being questioned as to the whereabouts of the magic mirror. Even with the two broken legs that the gingerbread man sustained, he would still have been able to make the journey in a couple of minutes. How did Pinocchio get there? Well, the gingerbread man obviously dragged him along by the nose!
Attached Thumbnails Shrek 2-gingerbread-man.jpg  
Old May 28th 2004, 6:29 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Thought it was great.

Come to think of it, he DID look like Gordon Brown...

The gingerbread man is actually the fastest of all the fairytale characters. You may remember the line from the fairytale," Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man". This line was also quoted by Lord Farquaad in the first movie while the gingerbreadman was being questioned as to the whereabouts of the magic mirror. Even with the two broken legs that the gingerbread man sustained, he would still have been able to make the journey in a couple of minutes. How did Pinocchio get there? Well, the gingerbread man obviously dragged him along by the nose!
Attached Thumbnails Shrek 2-gingerbread-man.jpg  
Old May 28th 2004, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Even in that thong ?
Old May 31st 2004, 1:17 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the snot count was down - only one big booger - and the fart count was definitely up. Missed the earwax, but all in all, we loved it.

I think the voices did it for me - loved Jennifer Saunders and John Cleese especially. A little taste of home - ahhhhhhhh!

Regards
-=-
SCarlett
Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I thought it was a great film, but I agree about the Gordon Brown thing, it was somewhat offputting I thought Prince Charming was a Prince william take off.
Did anyone wait til after the credits and see the end bit with the dragon?