British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Shrek 2 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/shrek-2-a-232747/)

doctor scrumpy May 25th 2004 10:43 pm

Shrek 2

Just got back from seeing Shrek 2, funnier than the first. Just one thing though...

When Shrek changes from an ogre to the handsome prince why does he become chancellor of the exchequer Gordon Brown ?

Patrick May 25th 2004 10:48 pm

Re: Shrek 2

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Just got back from seeing Shrek 2, funnier than the first. Just one thing though...

When Shrek changes from an ogre to the handsome prince why does he become chancellor of the exchequer Gordon Brown ?
Is Prince Charming based on David Beckham?

ladyofthelake May 25th 2004 10:53 pm

Ha! You're right, I thought he looked familiar!
I loved all the little side way jabs at disney throughout the film.

mattbutt May 26th 2004 3:40 am

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Ha! You're right, I thought he looked familiar!
I loved all the little side way jabs at disney throughout the film.
I like the Cat Nip bit on 'Knights', Im sure there is more in that film for adults than Kids.

I like all the shops that have the Gap logos and Starbucks etc, v.funny, and all the refs. to films, Predator, Indiana Jones, Alien, there must have been loads I missed too.

Great Stuff.

doctor scrumpy May 26th 2004 9:54 am

It is the type of film you can watch 100 times, and always spot something new in it. Well worth the $6 !

Duncan Roberts May 26th 2004 11:15 am

I actually thought it was pretty poor. I loved the first Shrek, but this seemed to be a rushed cash in.
I'm not saying it was bad, just no where near as good as it should have been.

mattbutt May 26th 2004 2:19 pm

It is the type of film you can watch 100 times, and always spot something new in it. Well worth the $6 !

Try $9! Where you watching it?

doctor scrumpy May 26th 2004 2:36 pm

Manassas cinemas, went to the 5.15 show, pre 6 pm it is cheaper. Memsahib wanted home in time for American Idol. Now that show is all but over (HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAH )

yorkshirelass May 26th 2004 5:33 pm

Took da boyz to see it yesterday and loved it! LOL about Prince Charming looking like Becks!!! We got in for $5, but it was for a matinee.:D

doctor scrumpy May 26th 2004 5:57 pm

I am positive the ugly sister was voiced by George Clooney, anyone else think so ?

yorkshirelass May 26th 2004 6:07 pm

I am positive the ugly sister was voiced by George Clooney, anyone else think so ?
Just looked it up and it was actually Larry King! :eek:

adeshell May 26th 2004 6:25 pm

Thought it was great.

I have one problem - at the start it took them days to get to 'Far Away land'. They left Pinocchio and the Gingerbread man and all those types at the swamp. Later in the movie those types are at the swamp watching them on 'Knights' on the 'TV'. Minutes later, they show up to rescue them from the dungeon. How in the heck did they get there so fast...? :confused:

Come to think of it, he DID look like Gordon Brown...:)

jambo_2004 May 26th 2004 6:32 pm

Originally posted by Duncan Roberts
I actually thought it was pretty poor. I loved the first Shrek, but this seemed to be a rushed cash in.
I'm not saying it was bad, just no where near as good as it should have been.
Are you serious!? I'ts probably the best "animated" film i've seen in my entire life.

"It's a thong!" :D

jambo_2004 May 26th 2004 6:36 pm

Originally posted by adeshell
Yeah I knew i'd seen him somewhere before.
But then it also took me 30 mins to get that the dad was John Cleese.

Was anyone sitting there thinking "who's the fairy god mother?"
I went through every BBC news and TV presenter...decided after an hour it was Joanna Lumley ...then it came to me it was Jennifer Saunders.

doctor scrumpy May 26th 2004 7:12 pm

Originally posted by jambo_2004
"It's a thong!" :D

LMAO

Duncs May 26th 2004 7:22 pm

It was great. My wife and I were in stitches at the hairball moment (cat lovers).

very funny, very good movie. And our matinee cost us $4.75 each.

mattbutt May 26th 2004 7:40 pm

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Yeah I knew i'd seen him somewhere before.
But then it also took me 30 mins to get that the dad was John Cleese.

Was anyone sitting there thinking "who's the fairy god mother?"
I went through every BBC news and TV presenter...decided after an hour it was Joanna Lumley ...then it came to me it was Jennifer Saunders.
I was the same, I was thinking it was Jonna Lumley for ages too.

Scarlett-Dallas May 26th 2004 7:55 pm

I haven't seen it yet - we're going this weekend. Don't usually like kid movies but I LOVED SHREK and am looking forward to the sequel.

Hi Scrumptious! :D Greetings, Patrick! :rolleyes:

-=-
Scarlett

doctor scrumpy May 26th 2004 9:00 pm

Thought it was great.

I have one problem - at the start it took them days to get to 'Far Away land'. They left Pinocchio and the Gingerbread man and all those types at the swamp. Later in the movie those types are at the swamp watching them on 'Knights' on the 'TV'. Minutes later, they show up to rescue them from the dungeon. How in the heck did they get there so fast...? :confused:

It is a fairy tale cartoon, they got there through magic lol. Either that or Shrek & FIona went by Virgin Coaches.

adeshell May 26th 2004 9:04 pm

It is a fairy tale cartoon, they got there through magic lol. Either that or Shrek & FIona went by Virgin Coaches.
I know. I'm just being the annoying busybody who points out errors in films :D

waxwabbit May 27th 2004 1:45 am

it was bloody hilarious it was!!!

I liked the first one, but there was 3 or maybe 4 times my wife was telling me to shut up, I was laughing so hard with this sequel!!!!!!

puss n Boots eyes! lol

maaaaaaaaaaaaan

roll on shrek 3

Yosser May 27th 2004 5:18 pm

I must of missed something, didn't find it at all entertaining, unless you have a sense of humor of a 5 year old, or a mentality like Patrick!

Thumbs down!

SteveBannister May 28th 2004 6:27 am

1 Attachment(s)

Thought it was great.

The gingerbread man is actually the fastest of all the fairytale characters. You may remember the line from the fairytale," Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man". This line was also quoted by Lord Farquaad in the first movie while the gingerbreadman was being questioned as to the whereabouts of the magic mirror. Even with the two broken legs that the gingerbread man sustained, he would still have been able to make the journey in a couple of minutes. How did Pinocchio get there? Well, the gingerbread man obviously dragged him along by the nose!

SteveBannister May 28th 2004 6:29 am

1 Attachment(s)

Thought it was great.

The gingerbread man is actually the fastest of all the fairytale characters. You may remember the line from the fairytale," Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man". This line was also quoted by Lord Farquaad in the first movie while the gingerbreadman was being questioned as to the whereabouts of the magic mirror. Even with the two broken legs that the gingerbread man sustained, he would still have been able to make the journey in a couple of minutes. How did Pinocchio get there? Well, the gingerbread man obviously dragged him along by the nose!

doctor scrumpy May 28th 2004 10:49 am

Even in that thong ?

Scarlett-Dallas May 31st 2004 1:17 pm

Well, the snot count was down - only one big booger - and the fart count was definitely up. Missed the earwax, but all in all, we loved it.

I think the voices did it for me - loved Jennifer Saunders and John Cleese especially. A little taste of home - ahhhhhhhh!

Regards
-=-
SCarlett

Lizzi Jun 5th 2004 2:39 am

I thought it was a great film, but I agree about the Gordon Brown thing, it was somewhat offputting :eek: I thought Prince Charming was a Prince william take off.
Did anyone wait til after the credits and see the end bit with the dragon?