British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Should User Name be allowed to do any more Polls (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/should-user-name-allowed-do-any-more-polls-344698/)

Patrick Dec 27th 2005 7:55 pm

Should User Name be allowed to do any more Polls

Should User Name be allowed to do any more Polls seeing as he always leaves obvious choices out?

User Name Dec 27th 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Should User Name be allowed to do any more Polls

Originally Posted by Patrick
Should User Name be allowed to do any more Polls seeing as he always leaves obvious choices out?

But I'm improving ... I am taking Manc's advice, to start the poll after starting the thread (meaning, I ask for suggestions as to choices to incorporate into the poll). As I am trying to improve, admittedly even a slight improvement means a big improvement given where I started from. :o But I promise to do better and learn from my many * many mistakes. :) Mea culpa.

PS ... you've left out the obvious choices, but I realize that this is a mick take to make the point that I should not leave out the obvious choices ... but I promise to fix this snaffu ... my next poll will be a great improvement. It will only miss out the less obvious choices! :p

Ray Dec 27th 2005 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
But I'm improving ... I am taking Manc's advice, to start the poll after starting the thread (meaning, I ask for suggestions as to choices to incorporate into the poll). As I am trying to improve, admittedly even a slight improvement means a big improvement given where I started from. :o But I promise to do better and learn from my many * many mistakes. :) Mea culpa.

PS ... you've left out the obvious choices, but I realize that this is a mick take to make the point that I should not leave out the obvious choices ... but I promise to fix this snaffu ... my next poll will be a great improvement. It will only miss out the less obvious choices! :p

Your use of words tell me you have been here before under a different name ...care to give it up ..

Leslie Dec 27th 2005 8:08 pm

Should User Name even be allowed to use the name User Name? Should we start a poll about it?

Manc Dec 27th 2005 8:10 pm

Mea culpa.

not heard anyone use that phrase here in awhile.

Ray Dec 27th 2005 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Manc

Very Lawyerish.....

ukemigrant Dec 27th 2005 8:13 pm

Love the circular humor. Maybe Susan/Sarah/Sue, whoever it was, can add the missing 'Yes of course' option :).

Leslie Dec 27th 2005 8:16 pm

Who is Mea Culpa? Didn't she used to be married to Woody Allen? :confused:

User Name Dec 27th 2005 8:44 pm

Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. I will stop trying to post "a perfect poll". It is the season of good will and all that, and at least I tried my best though my best efforts were not brill. On reflection, I think the best way to do a poll is to first ask for nominations. I didn't know how to do that, now I know. Sorry that I messed it up.

Partystar Dec 27th 2005 8:51 pm

Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. I will stop trying to post "a perfect poll". It is the season of good will and all that, and at least I tried my best though my best efforts were not brill. On reflection, I think the best way to do a poll is to first ask for nominations. I didn't know how to do that, now I know. Sorry that I messed it up.

It's all good in the hood, misunderstood!

TouristTrap Dec 27th 2005 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Very Lawyerish.....

Or Popish :D

Celsius Dec 27th 2005 9:19 pm

User Name should stick a pole up his.... :D

Patrick Dec 27th 2005 9:46 pm

Poll

Originally Posted by Celsius
User Name should stick a pole up his.... :D

a) Chocolate Starfish
b) Rectal Cavity
c) Nose
d) Jap's Ee
e) long and winding road

Celtic_Angel Dec 28th 2005 3:23 pm

erm...where's the "yes, I love Polls" option?? :confused: :D

cindyabs Dec 28th 2005 5:42 pm

Actually I HAVE used it here on occasion and lawyer I am not, :rolleyes: