Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Should someone with a history of depression be an expat?

Should someone with a history of depression be an expat?

Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should someone with a history of depression be an expat?

Originally Posted by rochester jane
We had a major bust up 2 weeks ago, and basically he booked my ticket...one way, plus drawing up divorce papers and having them signed before I left! However, after a few hours we decidied to give it another go, he told me he would try and support me but, he has slipped back into his old ways, hugs are on request!
Forgive me if this comes right out of left field, but the behavior he displays suggests a bipolar disorder. Oddly enough, I had a former g/f who displayed almost exactly the same behavior - going to extremes with every change in mood, and then recanting and wanting to give it another try... and then falling back into familiar habits.

Ian
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:49 am
Just Joined

rochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I understand...no problem. We only post on here what we don't mind everybody in cyber space reading. No questions are asked when you leave the US...apart from security questions about what you are carrying etc. It may be as well to ask the good folk in the US Marriage Visa forum what implications there would be if you left and at some time in the future wanted to visit the US.

I prefer dogs to most people any day.

Edit: BTW it may be an idea to clear 'your history' on your pc every time you log out of BE.
Thanks for all your replies , they have been very helpful and it makes me feel a lot better to know that you have answered me and I,m not alone.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:50 am
Just Joined

rochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Forgive me if this comes right out of left field, but the behavior he displays suggests a bipolar disorder. Oddly enough, I had a former g/f who displayed almost exactly the same behavior - going to extremes with every change in mood, and then recanting and wanting to give it another try... and then falling back into familiar habits.

Ian
I questioned whether it was a form of autism he has. I know its just not right!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
There is no necessity to change your name upon marriage, so this is utterly irrelevant. Some folks do, some folks don't. I certainly wish you the very best in your difficult decision, but seeing as you have been here such a short time, and things have gone south already, if I was in your shoes I'd be right back on the plane home, writing it all off to experience. Good luck.
Yes, I will be. My friends are already sorting stuff out for me back in the UK as I write this.
Really good re the Passport, I had visions of me being in limbo when I got to Heathrow.
I,ll take my marriage certificate with me, they can see by my pictures I,m me!!!
Thanks for this info.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
If it's only that and the name on your passport keeping you here (sorry I didn't understand that stuff) then maybe best to call it a day.
Yes, I,m afraid so.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your replies , they have been very helpful and it makes me feel a lot better to know that you have answered me and I,m not alone.
You may find this thread useful if you return home with your pup. There are several steps you need to take while you're here to avoid putting him into quarantine in the UK. There are also loads of threads in the MBTTUK forum about taking dogs from the US to the UK.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You may find this thread useful if you return home with your pup. There are several steps you need to take while you're here to avoid putting him into quarantine in the UK. There are also loads of threads in the MBTTUK forum about taking dogs from the US to the UK.
Thank-you for that
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Well enough is enough. Had the last row!!! I,m flying back to the UK on Friday this week to friends and family that truly love and support me. I,m afraid my baby dog will be staying here with my x. She will be cared for but, not as I would. I just couldnt afford to take her £ 2000 plus quarantine.
So back to Berkshire, greenery, hills, rivers and who knows a bit of sunshine?????. Thank you all for your help and support through my trying times. Happiness and stability are my goals in life and neither was happening here in my life.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Well enough is enough. Had the last row!!! I,m flying back to the UK on Friday this week to friends and family that truly love and support me. I,m afraid my baby dog will be staying here with my x. She will be cared for but, not as I would. I just couldnt afford to take her £ 2000 plus quarantine.
So back to Berkshire, greenery, hills, rivers and who knows a bit of sunshine?????. Thank you all for your help and support through my trying times. Happiness and stability are my goals in life and neither was happening here in my life.
Best of luck to you, I'm sure you can find what you are looking for back home.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:21 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on having the strength to make a very hard decision. All the best for your return to the UK -- hope that sun shines for you!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. xx
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry you weren't able to sort things out. All the best for the future.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you. I'm sure you are doing the right thing. Men who "change" the moment they get married have severe emotional issues and it will NOT go well. I know whereof I speak. Happy landings.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best, Jane.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

chez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of lightchez33 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to you. Well done for having the strength to leave, many would stay and put up with it for years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.