Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

Old Jul 16th 2002, 9:07 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: kent, england
Posts: 12
the fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

my fiancee is just sending off her k-1 in america, i ordered my packet of 3 in advance and have it all filled out ready to send to the US embassy in London. should i wait for her K-1 to be processed and for the embassy to send me my pack or can i send it off now in readiness for her perttion reaching them

can anyone advise me please. thanks
the fox is offline  
Old Jul 16th 2002, 11:35 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 717
Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

You can send this off now. The embassy website tells you you can do this.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/fiance.htm
Ameriscot is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2002, 7:20 am
  #3  
Denis Barlow
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

Just my personal opinion but I would wait until she got her notice of approval.

--
Denis

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo!

"the fox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > my fiancee is just sending off her k-1 in america, i ordered my packet of 3 in
    > advance and have it all filled out ready to send to the US embassy in London.
    > should i wait for her K-1 to be processed and for the embassy to send me my pack or
    > can i send it off now in readiness for her perttion reaching them
    >
    > can anyone advise me please. thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --
 
Old Jul 17th 2002, 8:51 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 472
beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

It does say you can send them early on the website, but I would think this would confuse them.... but you can go ahead and try. Let us know how it works!
beyness is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2002, 3:22 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 101
Sioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really nice
Default Re: should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

I can't speak for anyone else, but when my fiance called London about having a provisional file set up, before we'd received the second NOA, he was told that he should wait until we received that approval before setting up the file. He's calling today, since we got approved over the weekend, to ask if they can set one up now.
Sioneva is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2002, 8:54 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 472
beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

I would download the appliactions, have everything filled out and ready, then when the petition is approved, get a file opened straight away...
beyness is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2002, 4:20 pm
  #7  
Russ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: should i send off my packet of 3 now or wait

I sent my forms into London the same day my fiance submitted her forms in the US. I
have had a case number for a few weeks now but nothing else appears on their computer
screen when I call the 1.50 a minute enquiry line.

We were approved in California on 2nd July but still nothing has appeared on the
London computer screens. I am told this is normal as it takes a few weeks for the
approval to reach London. The fact I have a case number would suggest at least
some processing has been done on my forms so I am glad that I sent my forms in
early. California took twice as long as I expected to process my fiance's forms so
any saving in the London processing would help me meet my target wedding day of
Sept 21st.

Russ

"beyness" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I would download the appliactions, have everything filled out and ready, then when
    > the petition is approved, get a file opened straight away...
    >
    >
    >
    > --
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.