Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

In shock! Our Green Card has just arrived!!

In shock! Our Green Card has just arrived!!

Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute
Default In shock! Our Green Card has just arrived!!

We made the decision we quite liked it here, and wanted the option of staying to be in our hands, not with work situation, so we took the plunge and asked H's company to sponsor us.

They were more than happy (which was a relief!), and we've just collected our mail ... and there they were!

Wow! A bit surprised! And relieved. And happy, of course!!

Next step is telling our families and friends.

Better than a chocolate egg, that's for sure
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In shock! Our Green Card has just arrived!!

Originally Posted by Mandana
We made the decision we quite liked it here, and wanted the option of staying to be in our hands, not with work situation, so we took the plunge and asked H's company to sponsor us.

They were more than happy (which was a relief!), and we've just collected our mail ... and there they were!

Wow! A bit surprised! And relieved. And happy, of course!!

Next step is telling our families and friends.

Better than a chocolate egg, that's for sure

Well done mate

Of course you know Houston is a dump and the quicker you get out the better.....
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Well done mate

Of course you know Houston is a dump and the quicker you get out the better.....
LOL! Not as much of a dump as some places!

To have the option is fantastic .. we're both in shock TBH. Casually picked up the mail and there they were!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Well done mate

You mean you're still there???
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Someone pinch me .. I'm not convinced it's real!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You mean you're still there???

I'm in the depth of the dump and don't seem to be able to claw myself out
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Someone pinch me .. I'm not convinced it's real!

Party in Katy then.....
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Party in Katy then.....
Yeah, with dry toast and water!! Someone has food poisoning
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Yeah, with dry toast and water!! Someone has food poisoning

Oh no, hope there's a quick recovery!

Of course now you really have given all the Houston haters more ammunition. Eat out in Houston and you'll get sick
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh no, hope there's a quick recovery!

Of course now you really have given all the Houston haters more ammunition. Eat out in Houston and you'll get sick
Ha! I'm sure I don't need to fuel the fire for the haters! Their guns are already loaded lol.

I'm not sure if it was at someone's house or at the bowling alley that same evening, but something upset me. Bleurgh. Still, aids in the weight-loss

Hey. Guess what?

We've got our Green Cards!!!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Ha! I'm sure I don't need to fuel the fire for the haters! Their guns are already loaded lol.

I'm not sure if it was at someone's house or at the bowling alley that same evening, but something upset me. Bleurgh. Still, aids in the weight-loss

Hey. Guess what?

We've got our Green Cards!!!

I guess you are a tad excited as well as being pukey
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I guess you are a tad excited as well as being pukey
Not as excited as my husband! Which is a surprise, as he didn't want to go for them originally. I had to get my friends to work on him - and they succeeded!

Clearly the state of the economy has been a worry, and to lose our way of life and the fabulous friends we've made over here would be a big loss.

Of course, at the same time as being great news, it's tinged with a little bit of sadness .. family & friends back home, especially those who can't visit. 7 trips back to the UK in 18 months is too much for anyone!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:55 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations , it makes moving and job changing nice and easy, if it wasn' for the bleedin recession
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:50 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations - we got ours a couple of months ago and although it was a little bit of an anti-climax after a few days, it's so lovely not to have that underlying fear that you could be asked to leave if a job situation goes wrong. That in itself, with all that's going on, is major cause for celebration! I'm in Katy too by the way and have been here since 2005 - always laugh at the negative Houston comments on here
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the Green Cards - I'm sure its a great feeling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.