Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

SHIPPING FROM THE USA TO UK

SHIPPING FROM THE USA TO UK

Old Nov 11th 2021, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Milton girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SHIPPING FROM THE USA TO UK

Any suggestions for who to use for shipping parcels to family and friends in the UK? USPS is getting worse. A parcel i shipped 1st October, left Miami as per tracking information on the 3rd.October and still not arrived. Trying to speak to anybody other than message takers at USPS is out of the question. Parcelforce in the UK been very helpful and given me a lot of information. I had paid $140 for Express shipping!!! Birthday and Xmas gifts in the box. Looking now for an alternative carrier to us as reasonable prices.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

danonash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SHIPPING FROM THE USA TO UK

FedEx or UPS, expensive but... I seem to get a lot of things delivered from the UK by DHL, they're good, including an excellent passport service (all online now) but never used them to send anything to the UK!

USPS in CA is dire, for everything! We had them knock on our door at 11 pm recently to deliver!
Old Nov 11th 2021, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danonash View Post
USPS in CA is dire, for everything! We had them knock on our door at 11 pm recently to deliver!
that is commitment to getting a delivery done! Neither rain nor snow….. or time of day…
Old Nov 11th 2021, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

danonash is an unknown quantity at this point

If only we got some rain or snow!
Old Nov 12th 2021, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately no cheap option. UPS and FEDEX are good but as mentioned not cheap. The Post Office can also tack duty on the package upon arrival in the UK.
It has been suggested before to use Amazon UK and cut out the international shipping.
Old Nov 12th 2021, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ups here in the uk seem to be really struggling, couldn't tell you why. But ive had a few domestic parcels sent via them recently, very slow and in one case i claimed a refund for the parcel which then appeared several days later.

Hopefully this is the case with yours and they will ear the backlog and find it.