Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping UK to US

Wikiposts

Shipping UK to US

Old Oct 9th 2001, 3:25 am
Mary Jo Koch

Dear Friends,

We are trying to select a company to ship Andy's goods from London to New York. Does
anyone have any experience, good or bad, with Robinson's International?

How did people select the company they used? Lowest estimates, recommendations, etc.?

Thanks so much for your help.

Mary Jo

Old Oct 9th 2001, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

For what it's worth, I was about to book PSS (0207-407-6606) to do exactly that service for me. They will come and do it all! All the packing, shipping, customer paperwork, deliver to my US address, unpack and take away all the used packing materials.

They had the second cheapest quote (and they are VERY American in that take all known credit cards - which most UK movers DON'T), have a good package of advice and comprehensive paperwork, are bonded and members of B.A.R. and responded to my request for a quote in less than 24 hours.

They also are happy to deal with more than the quantity of stuff I said I had, unlike EVERYONE else, who were VERY worried about me sneaking in even one box more than expected (of course, extra items at extra cost). The quote comes with an insurance application form, references and they can also organise air freight if you need anything more urgently than the usual 6 week sea journey time.

http://www.pss.uk.com

Hope this helps.

Brian.
Old Oct 9th 2001, 3:21 pm
Marlowe

I used PSS last year and they were excellent. Everything was well packed and they
handled all the Customs for me, once I had filled out a form for them. I didn't have
to worry about a thing.

brianr wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >