Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

shipping things from CA to VA

shipping things from CA to VA

Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default shipping things from CA to VA

ok we just got married in ca and are heading back to va on monday.....the problem is we have a lot of the wedding gifts in va, does anyone know the cheapest way to ship them back? so far i've just had a quick look at using ups ground service....we could also take them onto the plane with us and pay for them as extra luggage....i know i can look this up myself but figured if someone knows the answer right away then it could be easier, thanks.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:47 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping things from CA to VA

How much are we talking? A suitcase full, or several suitcases? Fragile?

Extra baggage is usually easier, if the fees are not that much. For a cross country on a some 'nickel and dime' airline that might add up. Some others have relatively low fees for excess baggage (especially international)

It all depends on the size of what you are talking about, and the weight. You could go to Walmart and buy a $15 duffle bag, throw all your clothes in that and then pack your suitcase with the gifts (sort of orderly so they don't smash a bit).
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: shipping things from CA to VA

there's an outdoor george forman grill lol....the rest is mainly plates and kitchen stuff....also 2 bedding sets, we already have 2 full cases of clothes and stuff because we spent 3weeks in ca and we're in maui right now on our honeymoon....we're flying with us airways so i'll look into how much more they will charge. i was only 2pounds off my weight limit coming out anyway.