Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping stuff again...

Shipping stuff again...

Old Dec 12th 2005, 6:31 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping stuff again...

Can anyone point me in the direction of any cheap shipping companies?

Not for a full household, just some unaccompanied baggage....we've been in the UK for nigh on 6 months, and its amazing how much 'stuff' we've accumulated - a lot of it will be ditched rather than shipped, but we've travelled quite a bit, and there are a lot of souvenirs and things that we want to hold on to. Plus with Christmas around the corner, I just know the kids are going to end up with more bulky stuff to bring back...

Have checked out Parcelforce and the Fedex/DHLtypes, and they're astronomical (probably be cheaper to fly back and hand carry it!!)

Sorry, I know there was a thread on this a while ago, but I can't find it.

Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping stuff again...

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Can anyone point me in the direction of any cheap shipping companies?

Not for a full household, just some unaccompanied baggage....we've been in the UK for nigh on 6 months, and its amazing how much 'stuff' we've accumulated - a lot of it will be ditched rather than shipped, but we've travelled quite a bit, and there are a lot of souvenirs and things that we want to hold on to. Plus with Christmas around the corner, I just know the kids are going to end up with more bulky stuff to bring back...

Have checked out Parcelforce and the Fedex/DHLtypes, and they're astronomical (probably be cheaper to fly back and hand carry it!!)

Sorry, I know there was a thread on this a while ago, but I can't find it.

Thanks
Try these guys... they are ok.. www.excess-baggage.com
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:12 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by basementwaj

Another vote for those guys.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:41 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Another vote for those guys.
Ok thanks - I'll check them out
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by basementwaj
I used these guys this year to bring some stuff from the UK to the US and they were very good and a good price too. The US contracted delivery firm were very helpful and friendly.

Minty